Fallout 3/NV/TTW things you might not know [*SPOILERS*]

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
paragonskeep

RoyBatty wrote:

Post by paragonskeep » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:46 pm

[quote=RoyBatty]

Something else a lot of people don't seem to know... you can shoot mines, bottlecap mines and other mine types to destroy them if your skill isn't high enough to disable them.

[/quote]

It's how I clear the bridge on the way to the Anchorage Memorial

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?

sgtnapalm

You don't need a silenced

Post by sgtnapalm » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:05 pm

You don't need a silenced weapon for stealth killing. If you're in stealth and your first shot from a loud gun instantly kills a target, no other enemies will hear it. If you miss or the shot fails to kill, however, you will alert enemies. Enemies may also become suspicious upon seeing the corpse.

JaxFirehart

Royhr wrote:

Post by JaxFirehart » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:25 pm

[quote=Royhr]

JaxFirehart wrote:

Only if you load quicker than the screens scroll.

What does that mean? Quicker than the screens scroll? Clicking the mouse seems to actually bypass some screens that show up normally if you don't click the mouse...

[/quote]

While those screens are rolling, the game is loading data in the background. If you load that data in less time than the screens are set to roll, you can skip some and make it appear to load faster, but clicking repeatedly doesn't actually make the game load faster, just gets you to the last slide before the main menu faster. You then wait on that slide until the game is done loading.

Royhr

JaxFirehart wrote:

Post by Royhr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:24 pm

[quote=JaxFirehart]

Royhr wrote:

JaxFirehart wrote:

Only if you load quicker than the screens scroll.

What does that mean? Quicker than the screens scroll? Clicking the mouse seems to actually bypass some screens that show up normally if you don't click the mouse...

While those screens are rolling, the game is loading data in the background. If you load that data in less time than the screens are set to roll, you can skip some and make it appear to load faster, but clicking repeatedly doesn't actually make the game load faster, just gets you to the last slide before the main menu faster. You then wait on that slide until the game is done loading.

[/quote]

Ok but I'm telling you, at least for me that is, that multiple clicking of the mouse does indeed get me to the main menu faster and when I do get to that menu I can load my last saved game immediately and I never have to wait on that slide for the game to finish loading. So maybe it's just an illusion but if so then it works for me rather than  waiting for the main menu to finally get there while going thru a bunch of unneeded slides.....

JaxFirehart

OK, what I'm saying is that,

Post by JaxFirehart » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm

OK, what I'm saying is that, someone on a potato level computer can click til the cows come home and not actually hit the main menu any faster. You load the game data in the background quicker than the game can show each slide, so when you mash the mouse it autoskips a bunch of the slides including the please wait slide because your loading is done. For someone else, that may not be true, they mash the mouse and get to a please wait slide and then sit for thirty seconds instead of watching each slide roll past a few seconds at a time.

The whole point of my mentioning this was to point out this is not true for everyone (like everything else on the thread is).

Puppettron
Gary

can confirm, have potato,

Post by Puppettron » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:34 am

can confirm, have potato, clicking doesn't make me load faster, just clears slides.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Royhr

Ok I get it... But then again

Post by Royhr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Ok I get it... But then again if you do have good system then this will work or at least seem to work.... Note... System I had prior to this wasn't a world beater but then again wasn't a potato and even on that system it seemed to work ok so take the suggestion and maybe try it. If it works it works if it doesn't then it doesn't.

gluttoncreeper

The game is loaded when the

Post by gluttoncreeper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 pm

The game is loaded when the mouse icon appears. At least for me. Lesser mods = quicker load, and may be ready before all the slides generate. This is why you can skip slides to the end.

Base TTW game (no mods) = ready on 2nd slide (click to skip to the start menu)

114 mods I run = 8 seconds after the slides end at start menu.

If Devil Bunny needs a Ham, so does the Glutton!

Puppettron
Gary

i was thinking maybe we

Post by Puppettron » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:37 am

i was thinking maybe we should take this neat fnv tricks thread and turn it into a dick-measuring contest about our rigs and setups.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

JaxFirehart

Sarcasm does not become you.

Post by JaxFirehart » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:44 am

Sarcasm does not become you.