Fallout 3/NV/TTW things you might not know [*SPOILERS*]

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Puppettron
Gary

probably why they aren't in

Post by Puppettron » Fri May 29, 2015 6:58 am

probably why they aren't in FNV, it's not really a trap, it's an activatable mfc dispenser.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

deadboy

Puppettron wrote:

Post by deadboy » Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 pm

[quote=Puppettron]

i mention this because i've run into more than a few people who'd never spoken to swank in their lives

[/quote]

Hey! You're talking about me!  +1

RoyBatty
Gary

In The Pitt, if you are

Post by RoyBatty » Fri May 29, 2015 1:04 pm

In The Pitt, if you are facing Ashur's Building, to your left is an apartment building you can enter and explore from the street on the same side as the exit from the steel yard tunnels.

Puppettron
Gary

RoyBatty wrote:

Post by Puppettron » Fri May 29, 2015 1:13 pm

[quote=RoyBatty]

In The Pitt, if you are facing Ashur's Building, to your left is an apartment building you can enter and explore from the street on the same side as the exit from the steel yard tunnels.

[/quote]

i use it to escape after killing ashur or for some extra exploring before killing werhner, there's actually a lot of decent loot in there and a few locked doors

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Royhr

Well if you've never

Post by Royhr » Fri May 29, 2015 1:22 pm

Well if you've never encountered or noticed the traps in toilets then you don't realize that you can disarm them and get 35 microfusion cells for your trouble...

gluttoncreeper

Found all sorts of traps

Post by gluttoncreeper » Fri May 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Found all sorts of traps (mailboxes and strollers are favorites), but never exploding toilets. Look in the bowl for goodies (chems not turds) but never paid attention to the tank unless something like a teddy bear hanging out in the tank caught my attention. 

If Devil Bunny needs a Ham, so does the Glutton!

TrickyVein

I typically don't spend time

Post by TrickyVein » Fri May 29, 2015 10:38 pm

I typically don't spend time starting at toilet stalls when I'm playing Fallout.

Puppettron
Gary

gluttoncreeper wrote:

Post by Puppettron » Sat May 30, 2015 12:28 am

[quote=gluttoncreeper]

Found all sorts of traps (mailboxes and strollers are favorites), but never exploding toilets. Look in the bowl for goodies (chems not turds) but never paid attention to the tank unless something like a teddy bear hanging out in the tank caught my attention. 

[/quote]

because they don't explode, they electrocute you if you attempt to drink.  from a toilet.  largely why no one knows about the handful of them that exist, why they were cut for NV, and why we refer to them as "free MFCs"

paragonskeep

TrickyVein wrote:

Post by paragonskeep » Sat May 30, 2015 5:42 am

[quote=TrickyVein]

I typically don't spend time starting at toilet stalls when I'm playing Fallout.

[/quote]

But that's a huge part of immersion. You know how Casdin complains about Radaway going right through him. He's got to keep an eye out for toilets, logistics of using a toilet while wearing power armor is an entirely different discussion

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?

TrickyVein

My character just does his

Post by TrickyVein » Sat May 30, 2015 3:03 pm

My character just does his business wherever. See that corner over there? Yep. That's the one.