no Option to enable Couriers stash items

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Worthiestnobody

no Option to enable Couriers stash items

Post by Worthiestnobody » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:13 pm

i installed everything correctly unless for some reason now it wont give it to me now, ive played through it recently when i created a character and was given the chance to enable all four but now i dont have the option to enable any.

Death_Reaper56

Re: no Option to enable Couriers stash items

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:08 am

IIRC,you only get the one chance.If you didnt enbale them then,you cant unless you go back to a save before that point.

Worthiestnobody

Post by Worthiestnobody » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:18 pm

so... what do i do reinstall the mod again?

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:03 am

I need more info.

Did you start a new game and you didn't get the popup (after you leave Vault 101 or Doc Mitchell's House) asking you to pick which stuff packs you wanted to enable?

Or

You got the popup when you left Vault 101 or Doc Mitchell's House (depending on which wasteland you decided to start TTW from) and didn't enable them all, and now after playing for a while you want to enable some?
Signature:

DirePresent

Post by DirePresent » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:12 am

Honestly it's quite stupid that you're only offered the option to get that stuff only at the beginning, let's say I chose to start with F3, does it make sense for me to get the stuff right after I left the vault? Of course that not! You'd get the option to get it after you start NV as well for god's sake.

DirePresent

Post by DirePresent » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:17 am

I mean, I paid for that stuff, I'd be able to get it, guess I'm gonna have to use the console to get it even if it pisses me off.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:09 am

It also doesn't make any sense to get all of that stuff when you leave Doc Mitchell's home. :lol:
Specially since it adds armors and Doc Mitchell's had to give you a vault jumpsuit after saying you have no clothes. :P

The Courier's Stash items are aimed at helping a new character at the start of a game. It doesn't make much sense at offering them half-way through a game where the character already has a few levels and better equipment either. :?

I guess the only way it would make some sense would be using a mod that integrates the items into the game, like this one: Courier's Stash Packs Integration

That is why mods exist. To tailor the experience to personal preference. :D
Signature:

Death_Reaper56

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:01 am

DirePresent wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:12 am
Honestly it's quite stupid that you're only offered the option to get that stuff only at the beginning, let's say I chose to start with F3, does it make sense for me to get the stuff right after I left the vault? Of course that not! You'd get the option to get it after you start NV as well for god's sake.
Go cry to Obsidian about it then.They're the one's that made the DLC do it that way.

DirePresent

Post by DirePresent » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:11 am

Risewild wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:09 am
I guess the only way it would make some sense would be using a mod that integrates the items into the game, like this one: Courier's Stash Packs Integration
Fair enough, used that mod to compensate instead of console (feels even better than the original way actually). However I still think this could've been handled better. Maybe by recommending this mod on the FAQ or even integrating it into the mod.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:17 am

DirePresent wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:11 am
Risewild wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:09 am
Fair enough, used that mod to compensate instead of console (feels even better than the original way actually). However I still think this could've been handled better. Maybe by recommending this mod on the FAQ or even integrating it into the mod.
Darth is working on integration of some weapons and equipment from DLCs into the game IIRC. I don't know if he is touching the Courier's Stash things though. 8-)
Signature: