Still no text installation instructions

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
jihadijackass

Still no text installation instructions

Post by jihadijackass » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 am

Posted in 2018, it's almost 2019, and still not instructions for setup/install. Would really appreciate them!

Mulch

Re: Still no text installation instructions

Post by Mulch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:43 pm

Pretty sure it's either been abandoned and no one has mentioned that, or the impossibly smug, catty bitches run this thing just figured it's beneath their notice. I've been reading this board a lot today, after remembering TTW from years back. I had no idea the folks that developed it were these kinds of 'people'. Their responses are terse, abusive, and borderline psychotically disconnected. I will not be patronizing this work, or any work from any of them I recognize the names of now or at any further future point.

I was actually tremendously excited to introduce TTW to a friend of mine that's only ever played Fallout 4, the worst and least memorable of all Bethesda titles, and I found this board, and the folks responsible for it.

Made a beautiful thing into something garbage. I suppose I should thank them for demonstrating their attitudes toward the folks that use their mods, as well as their personal philosophies of total solopsism.

So don't hold your breath OP, that's not a priority. Evidently their holy cup is 'not for you'.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:53 pm

Sorry you feel that way.

Make a highly popular free project and then deal with the public for many years who complain about literally everything (such as your own post), then come back and tell us how you feel.

We're actually pretty easy going folks, unless you press our buttons, then you get these short, terse responses because we just don't want to deal with it anymore.

This post is just bait, by yet another disgruntled user. Thank you for your useless, offtopic response.

As for written instructions, yeah probably not going to happen due to lack of motivation, our apologies.

bawsko

Post by bawsko » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 pm

I don't really see why people would need text instructions. The video is much easier to follow than text and the process is so simple I don't understand how someone would mess it up.

I am typing something up for people in my office to follow b/c I told them I was enjoying the Tale of Two Wastelands mod. I'll make it look pretty and post it up on the forums if people find it helpful.

gnarlyfingers

Post by gnarlyfingers » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:45 pm

bawsko wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 pm
I don't really see why people would need text instructions. The video is much easier to follow than text and the process is so simple I don't understand how someone would mess it up.

I am typing something up for people in my office to follow b/c I told them I was enjoying the Tale of Two Wastelands mod. I'll make it look pretty and post it up on the forums if people find it helpful.
It is not the same for everyone. Many people easily lose their attention while viewing things that they already know and then need to go back and forth, which is easier with text. Also, many non-native English speakers can't follow quick speech or some accents. So, I believe any contribution you make will be appreciated.

tsuki-ouji

Post by tsuki-ouji » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:02 am

gnarlyfingers wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:45 pm
It is not the same for everyone. Many people easily lose their attention while viewing things that they already know and then need to go back and forth, which is easier with text. Also, many non-native English speakers can't follow quick speech or some accents. So, I believe any contribution you make will be appreciated.
This 100%. When it comes to video instructions, I tend to space rapidly, and it's hard to figure out where you were when you lose your place. On the other hand, I retain text fantastically well.
Then, if it's a bad instruction video with some awful music playing, you can't exactly mute it, because then you can't hear instructions.
On top of that, it's just a layer of frustration to be unable to take something at your own pace (like you can with written instructions), and even the nice, clearly enunciated speech of the provided video can become grating when you've had to rewind the same sentence several times.
There's all kinds of other possible reasons, but that would end up just making a rambling post.