Possible tale of THREE wastelands?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Wolfman122412

Possible tale of THREE wastelands?

Post by Wolfman122412 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 am

So in fallout the lone wanderer leaves the vault in 2277. Meanwhile 4 years later in 2281 the courier is attacked and shot in the head by Benny and the events of fallout new Vegas begin. So that means the line wanderer would have spent 4 years outside of the vault before you can start playing the game in Vegas. Is it just me? or is that overwhelmingly satisfying how well that worked out. Also in 2287 the events of fallout 4 take place which means that say fallout 3 and new Vegas either had an official remaster or a community remaster with fallout 4’s graphics it isn’t super far fetched that we could have a tale of three wastelands? While although not amazingly cannon because of the whole prologue thing, it is entirely possible to say that a mod making that happen is (far fetched but) possible. I know I’ve kind of been ranting but I would like to see what others have to say on the topic

zilav
Gary

Re: Possible tale of THREE wastelands?

Post by zilav » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:31 am

Very much possible if you are going to make it yourself. I'd play it for sure.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:06 pm

To add to zilav's words:
Quite possible if you do it yourself and if those two projects remaking both previous games are ever finished in several years time, and if the teams that make those projects allow you to, and if those projects can be made compatible with each other.

So maybe in something like never to 50-60 years (maybe 20-30 if you can get a good team working with you), we could see you release a tale of three wastelands for FO4 :D .
Signature:

Zhunter5000

Post by Zhunter5000 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Wolfman122412 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 am
So in fallout the lone wanderer leaves the vault in 2277. Meanwhile 4 years later in 2281 the courier is attacked and shot in the head by Benny and the events of fallout new Vegas begin. So that means the line wanderer would have spent 4 years outside of the vault before you can start playing the game in Vegas. Is it just me? or is that overwhelmingly satisfying how well that worked out. Also in 2287 the events of fallout 4 take place which means that say fallout 3 and new Vegas either had an official remaster or a community remaster with fallout 4’s graphics it isn’t super far fetched that we could have a tale of three wastelands? While although not amazingly cannon because of the whole prologue thing, it is entirely possible to say that a mod making that happen is (far fetched but) possible. I know I’ve kind of been ranting but I would like to see what others have to say on the topic
Lore wise? Makes some sense. Possibility wise? Not a chance. TTW was only possible due to the great team working on it, and due to the engines being so similar. Not saying it's impossible, just saying it's impossible for now.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:51 pm

Tale of Three wastelands? Yes, when Frontier comes out, or Way of the Chosen.