Deathclaw Control Scrambler non-quest item

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Bullfrog

Deathclaw Control Scrambler non-quest item

Post by Bullfrog » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:10 pm

In TTW the item "Deathclaw Control Scrambler" (Broken Steel, 09006530) gets its "quest item" flag removed at the end of the "Shock Value" quest (09000AFD).
This is done via embedded script in stage 200. To me this change makes no sense at all.

The item has no weight, no value and it stays useful even after completing the quest, because there are more caged Deathclaws around. Without the flag however, it is shown in the player inventory and just clutters the view. In my opinion, it would be better to revert this change.

For others who also don't like the change - you can add the flag back with the following command:

Code: Select all

SetQuestObject DLC03SignalScrambler 1

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Deathclaw Control Scrambler non-quest item

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:53 pm

It shows up in your inventory of the pipboy regardless of quest flag in vanilla. The quest flag was removed so you can put it away in a container if you want to.

We did this to every quest item in both games, as it is very annoying to have that stuff take up space when it's not needed anymore. NV DLC in particular was awful with that, after doing Dead Money for instance you were stuck wearing that collar the rest of the game.

Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:29 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:53 pm
It shows up in your inventory of the pipboy regardless of quest flag in vanilla.
Yeah, in vanilla, but people are using Stewie's Tweaks (it's even an essential mod for TTW) and that allows to hide quest items.

Code: Select all

; hide quest items in the misc PipBoy page
bHideMiscQuestItems = 1
I don't mind other quest items getting their flag removed, once they do not serve any meaningful purpose anymore, but this particular one does still have a purpose after the quest is done.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:08 am

Yeah, but many people also don't like to hide their quest items. It goes both ways. ;)
Signature:

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:35 am

I don't hide quest items either, that's annoying.

Easy enough for you to make a personal patch, or upload it as a mod.

Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:42 pm

I already created a patch for personal use, before posting the request. The behavior looked more like an oversight on your part, but if you don't want to revert the change, so be it. I like to hide misc quest items, as they have no need to be visible in the pipboy. You can't equip or consume them anyway.