Centaur Sangria

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Keats

Centaur Sangria

Post by Keats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:29 pm

So after watching ManyATrueNerd's recent charity livestream, I was inspired to play an alcoholic in TTW. Thus with plenty of alcohol and high survival skill I stumbled on this recipe and... found myself bemused. Costs 1 centaur blood, 2 crunchy muttfruit and 1 bottle of wine to make. Has the same stats as wine, except doesn't benefit from Old World Gourmet. Appears to count as alcohol for the purposes of bonuses (in other words, doesn't stack). Is there any reason to make this thing except roleplaying flavour? And if not, is that working as intended?

Manan

Re: Centaur Sangria

Post by Manan » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:39 pm

I looked in FNVedit out of curiosity. It also provides some food value in Hardcore, but less than one of the Mutfruits it costs to make it. So as it stands, it doesn't really serve a purpose, no.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:06 am

I have no idea of what bonuses it gives in the latest versions, but when I came up with the recipe (all the way back in 2014), it was supposed to double the STR bonus from wine, reduce dehydration given by 2/3 and restore hunger. But it wouldn't last for as long.
This was the original idea:
Sangria:
  • 2x Mutfruit
  • 1x Centaur Blood
  • 1x Wine
Requires Survival skill 35
  • Gives a boost to STR (+2) for 2 minutes
  • Gives a bonus to CHA (+1) for 2 minutes
  • Gives penalty to INT (-1) for 2 minutes
  • Adds +5 Dehydration
  • Restores 20 hunger
Just good old Sangria, mix in some fruit slices, wine and in this case also some Centaur Blood (Sangria is called like that because of it's similar color to blood, Sangue in Portuguese and Sangre in Spanish) so it has most of the bonus from wine, boosted STR gain (from lets say the Centaur Blood) but only half of the duration, adds less Dehydration than a normal wine and restores some hunger from the Mutfruit and/or Centaur Blood. It is a drink.
Signature:

Keats

Post by Keats » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:49 pm

I already get +2 strength (and charisma) from wine thanks to my high survival skill (around 60 at this time). I guess that might explain the discrepancy? On one hand +4 (+6 at survival 100, if the wiki is correct) strength might be too much for such a relatively easy to make item, on the other hand providing a benefit if your survival is between 35 and 50 (given that you need survival 35 to make it in the first place - granted, temporary boosts do exist) seems like a very narrow niche. Reduced hunger and dehydration are nice, but probably not worth making it just for them (and only apply in hardcore mode in any case).

EDIT: Alright, tested it. At Survival 100 I still get the same stats as wine, so -1 INT, +3 CHA and +3 STR. So I don't think it actually gets increased strength bonus at all.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:16 am

I just checked, and you're right, someone forgot to increase the STR bonus.
I will fix that and submit it to the team as a bug fix. I'll also tweak the Hunger reducing effect to be the same as a Mutfruit, and add HP restoring of the same value as two mutfruits ("2HP 5sec" and "2 HP 6sec" with the sanitizer).

I hope these additions make the Sangria more useful. :?

Thanks for the report :D .
Signature: