Couple questions about the 3.3 changelog

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Bottletopman

Couple questions about the 3.3 changelog

Post by Bottletopman » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:08 am

Initially this was to just talk about the ironsights for the lmg, and maybe one or two other weapons. But looking through that changelog and getting excited for all the stuff that's been fixed/reworked, I'm interested to know more...

Heard that 3.3 will feature ironsights for all weapons which is really neat, which also reminded me of the backwards irons on the vanilla lmg. This isn't a bug per se but rather just something that's irked me ever since I learned how irons work IRL. Will that be getting flipped? And would certain weapons that already have irons be reworked? Looking at the plasma rifles in particular, since I've been spoiled by the laser weapon iron sights mod.

MCrex tweaked the lmg sights in his weapon mesh mod, so the ring is at the back and the post is at the front, and it actually works out pretty well.

Also maybe I'm blind but where's the changelog? Looked at the public dev log but it hasn't been updated in ages. Understandable if you guys aren't updating it frequently though as I imagine there are more pressing matters. Found the devlog; didn't realise that post edits don't get reflected in the 'last post' column.
Made GRA Laser Pistol, Plasma Defender and Plasma Pistols Custom to differentiate them from vanilla as they had partial uniqueness already
I was curious if it was possible to alter weapon firing sounds based on what weapon mods were applied - the GRA plasma defender, plasma and laser pistols all have noticeably different firing sounds compared to their vanilla counterparts; all these weapons have damage boosting mods - I feel it'd work great if the GRA audio could be used once these mods are applied. Am also curious as to how these custom weapons will be integrated, as I've never liked having separate GRA and non-GRA copies of weapons.
Armor fully integrated (no longer selectable)
What's this one?
tp for my bunghole?

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Couple questions about the 3.3 changelog

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:08 am

Not changing the LMG, a mod can do that.

Those 3 weapons are now GRA exclusive and only purchasable from them. They have no mods, they come with them.

As for armors, that means that all Armor that ttw integrated from DLC or cut are now just part of the game and not optional.

Bottletopman

Post by Bottletopman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:28 am

Fair enough, it is personal preference after all, and not something that hinders gameplay enough for most people.

Would love to see a preview/teaser of the 3.3 irons for the guns that didn't have them in vanilla, but obviously if it takes too much time to do that then don't bother. I can still mess about with my 3.2 playthrough in the meantime.

Regarding the GRA energy pistols, gotta say that's actually a pretty cool way to integrate those guns. I'm assuming it's now a matter of whether one wants to pay for the convenience of a gun that is already kitted with all mods, otherwise buy/obtain the mods individually while exploring the wastes to attach to the vanilla counterparts?

Also great to see all the DLC and cut content appearing everywhere.
tp for my bunghole?

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:17 am

3.3 still leave rocket inc and HE's price unchanged, i see.

Thats a huge economy breaker you guys refuse to fix.

Death_Reaper56

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:01 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:17 am

Make your own topic whining about that. Dont hijack someone else's to do it.

Bottletopman

Post by Bottletopman » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:59 am

Laclongquan wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:17 am

I think fnvedit is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills plguins and doesn't afraid of anything.
tp for my bunghole?

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:10 am

It's very constructive of you to advise people to start using high level editor tool like fnvedit~

Bottletopman

Post by Bottletopman » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:55 am

If you think FNVEdit is a high level tool I'd hate to see what you think is low level...
tp for my bunghole?

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:37 am

Regarding that economy bug, I did whine about it in bug thread~ Since people dont seem to consider a game-breaking, economy-breaking bug as something important, I will have to repeat myself again until either they accept that bug is important, or I get tired of it~

I have my doubt that people dont know about it!!?~ Damn thing exist for decade. No one ever utter a word about fixing it. What does it mean? People keep using it for free money in a half-way legal method.

Kinda like crouching unarmed hit turn into uppercut. OR Fast Travel.

Bottletopman

Post by Bottletopman » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:01 am

Laclongquan wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:37 am
Regarding that economy bug, I did whine about it in bug thread~ Since people dont seem to consider a game-breaking, economy-breaking bug as something important, I will have to repeat myself again until either they accept that bug is important, or I get tired of it~
Since everyone else seems to be ignorant of this cataclysmic world-ending bug save for you, be the change you want to see in this world! :D

I know I did when the garage I took my car to didn't use all the parts I gave them, and when another garage actually damaged one of the spark plug wires. This gangly nerd can now do everything short of a complete engine teardown and rebuild, and that's only because aforementioned nerd lacks an engine crane...
tp for my bunghole?