Some unique weapon design ideas

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Panzermann11

Some unique weapon design ideas

Post by Panzermann11 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:33 am

New Vegas has unique designs for unique variants of weapons that helps differentiate between the original counterpart.
I appreciate TTW doing the same thing for some of the weapons in the Capital Wasteland, but I felt like it should have had more.

Below is a list of what I came up with how some of the unique weapons should look like. Of course, I can't expect myself to come up with a lot of good designs, but feel free to come up with decent design ideas and I'll also eventually think up of more as time goes on.

Burnmaster
Pretty simple enough, the weapon itself would be colored dark green instead of gray, a la M2 Flamethrower.

Terrible Shotgun
The stock would be polymer instead of wooden and would come with the Barska sight as one of its mods pre-attached, much like how the Dinner Bell comes with the choke.

Wazer Wifle
The rifle would have some crayon paint job and drawings etched into the weapon.

Xuanlong Assault Rifle
Looking at the weapon's name, I imagined there would be some Chinese dragon motifs since to quote the Fallout wiki...
Chinese scholars have classified dragons in diverse systems. For instance, Huizong of Song canonized five colored dragons as "kings." Xuanlong (玄龍) is the black dragon.
Wanda
The wooden parts of the rifle would be in green polymer to resemble the G3 rifle more.

Miss Launcher
The weapon would've been colored black instead of green, and the name would be drawn on the weapon in fancy letters, much like Annabelle.

Curse Breaker
The bat would be made out of aluminum instead of wood.

Vengance
GRA's Sprtel-Wood has an unique green laser, so I was thinking the laser would've been blue for that RGB impression.

Steel Knuckles (The Pitt)
The knuckles would, of course, be colored gray instead of yellow.

Either the Mauler or Man Opener (The Pitt)
The main body of the weapon would be colored a darker gray instead of yellow.

Metal Blaster (The Pitt)
I imagined the gun would have some sort of warning stripes on it.

Dismemberer (Point Lookout)
The handle would be in a darker wood and the blade would be covered in blood to give it that slasher look.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Laclongquan

Re: Some unique weapon design ideas

Post by Laclongquan » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:28 am

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:49 am

TTW 3.3 will already have all FO3 unique weapons looking unique. :D
Signature:

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:37 pm

Do we have something similar for Mojave uniques? There's something still looking like the generic variant.

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:54 pm

Risewild wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:49 am
TTW 3.3 will already have all FO3 unique weapons looking unique. :D
That's awesome. Can't wait to see how they look like when it hits.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Death_Reaper56

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:13 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:37 pm
Do we have something similar for Mojave uniques? There's something still looking like the generic variant.
What are you talking about? The Mojave uniques do look unique.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:24 am

That Gun is just 556mm pistol with a slight change of color
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/That_Gun
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/5.56mm_pistol_(GRA)
Or Lil Devil and 12.7mm pistol~

The only reason Paciencia is best unique is because when we got hunting rifle we slap a scope on it ASAP, so the plain scopeless look of Paciencia is different from a HR.

Most other uniques are just basic variant applied a color change. Sometimes maybe adding a mod (visually) like Sleepytyme is 10mm SMG with a silencer.

I dont call that unique. I call that a lazy paintjob.

If it's painjob, I'd like something better~

Illustrate of something better: like Ranger Sequoia is a hunting revolver with the scope removed, color changed, and embossed design on the butt . Maria is a 9mm pistol with gold plated design. A Light Shining in Darkness is a shorten barrel version of 45 auto pistol, the latter also has silencer look, and color-wise unique is slightly different from basic.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 am

Some of your ideas are very similar to our own Panzermann.

Wanda already has green stock/grip, with some kills scratched into it.

Your idea for the Wazer Wifle is exactly the same as mine, hasn't been done yet.

Xuanlong will have red plastics like the Chinese version of the AK.

Dismemberer will be a double headed axe.

Highwayman's friend will be a cross tire iron with three lugs and one pry leg.

Excalibat will be Aluminum instead of Curse Breaker.

Board of Education has no nails in it, and we'll probably put holes in it like an old disciplinary paddle.

Steel Knuckles will be steel square knuckles.

The Steel Saw, Man Opener and Mauler will have different paint jobs and blades. The Steel saw will be a cutting disc, the Man Opener will be a table saw blade, and didn't decide yet for the Mauler.

The MPLX Novasurge has extra cooling coils and is purple and shoots purple plasma, complete with impacts and goo piles.

The Backwater Rifle is a brass receiver and black barreled Henry Rifle with a lay down sight.

Butches toothpick will be a fold out switchblade.

There's plenty of other ideas in various stages of completion.

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:59 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 am
Xuanlong will have red plastics like the Chinese version of the AK.
I was thinking the Xuanlong rifle would have a Chinese dragon drawn somewhere on the rifle because case in point, the quote above about the Xuanlong assault rifle's name.