Something I noticed about weapon animations

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Panzermann11

Something I noticed about weapon animations

Post by Panzermann11 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:54 am

So I was playing TTW and I noticed some of the weapon animations didn't sit well when I was playing...
  • The surgical tubing, which was used for the cable on the dart gun doesn't move while hipfiring. I noticed the spring used to launch the dart still moves in the animation, though.
  • The alien atomizers and blasters uses the .44 revolver's animation which since they originally used the animation for the laser pistol, I don't see any reason to use the revolver's animation since there's Attack8, which is the same laser pistol animation with ADS capability used for GRA's laser pistol.
  • The .32 pistol, again, uses the .44 revolver's animation which as a result, has a really immense recoil for such a small revolver. The animation was very different in Fallout 3.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Something I noticed about weapon animations

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:21 pm

These things have been addressed already. Also note I will not restore the stupid cocking animation the combat shotgun has in Fallout 3, however we're looking into to restoring the repeater and bb gun animation via kNVSE.

Also I will look at third person firing of the dart gun to be sure, but I think that was due to the band unintentionally being doubled. I think hitman already fixed that for me, but my memory is foggy on it.

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:16 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:21 pm
Also note I will not restore the stupid cocking animation the combat shotgun has in Fallout 3, however we're looking into to restoring the repeater and bb gun animation via kNVSE.
Wait... Does that mean you're actually going to change the reload and jamming animation for the combat shotgun?

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:45 pm

No, just lincolns repeater/lever action rifle/backwater rifle and the bb gun back to the Fallout 3 anims.

The Combat Shotgun currently uses the NV anims.

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:55 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:45 pm
No, just lincolns repeater/lever action rifle/backwater rifle and the bb gun back to the Fallout 3 anims.

The Combat Shotgun currently uses the NV anims.
Thank God, I seriously thought you were referring to the reload animation.
I take it you meant where the player cocks the combat shotgun like a lever-action after firing, right? If so, that was most likely a bug/oversight.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:29 pm

Yeah, that was just a limit to the amount of anims available in FO3, NV has more than double the amount and with kNVSE it's limitless.