Unique ammo and grenades from the Pitt's ammo press

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Panzermann11

Unique ammo and grenades from the Pitt's ammo press

Post by Panzermann11 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:37 pm

Don't you think the availablity of various unique ammo types like armor piercing and grenade ammo on the ammo press is a little bit too insane?

I mean, chances are you've got plenty of 5.56 bullets in your inventory and you can convert them into armor-piercing 5mm rounds as you please, so you don't have to buy them from a bunch of shops. And also, there's grenade ammo available too, which not only also raises balancing concerns, it didn't make sense for me how is it able to convert a bullet into explosive ammunition. It's not like it can convert regular ammo into missiles.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laclongquan

Re: Unique ammo and grenades from the Pitt's ammo press

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:40 am

For one thing its the ammo press. Its logical to think this is the major source of ammo production for wasteland east and west.

For another its not game breaking. I only use it for 308 which is rare in cw. 12gauge flechette i dont use much. .4507govt is useful only if using killer7 by fafnir

And finally its the ultimate prize for the pitt after all

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:18 pm

The ammo press is being reworked to use an ini file with recipes and things, and also to allow people to add their own recipes for custom ammo by just throwing an ini file in the directory with ours, and the recipes will be built on the fly.

It is the reward for the pitt, and in Fallout 3 you could breakdown and make any ammo with it except missiles and mininukes. However Fallout has much more limited set of weapons and that would have been rather OP.

Again we're doing something to accommodate the different weapon tier system and expanded play styles. However this system will make it so you can also adjust the recipes to your liking, by changing them, or removing ones you don't want entirely.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:35 am

Nice! In which case I would set big ammo to be double or triple that of small ones, and special design to be double or triple of normal~ It might sound uneconomical until you figure that you can always use up your gradually rising amount of hoarded surplus ammo. The which you buy in the past "just in case" ... every single time go shopping~

I dont find the Pitt's press to be overpowered exactly. I get back there about once. All two trips are ladden down with 308 AP/HP. Everything else either not used at all, or can be trade for easily enough without bothering a big trip like that.