For TTW3.4 mod "Harder Raiders"

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Laclongquan

For TTW3.4 mod "Harder Raiders"

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:29 am

I would suggest this possibility to TTW modders to make one aiming at increase raiders' threat in both Capital Wasteland and Mojave. Just so they continue present as an interesting and credible threats instead of bullet target.

Reason: Fallout 3 and Tale of Two Wasteland aiming at Capital Wasteland has more feel of tactical combat game than a story game. We aim more at combat and exploration than story. Thus the raiders' fodder nature should be an annoyance that need rectified.

1. Easiest stage:
Edit the raider armors, 4 basic and 5-6 introduced by The Pitt, . Change them from DT4 up to DT8.

This would make them resist better against HP bullets as well as normal.

Note: there was one or two mods aiming at this kind of edit. One in 2012 possibly already abandoned, one is more generic in 2020.

This one also assume Mojave's raiders clan also wear them all.

2. Time-consuming stage

Edit raider template so they can follow PC's level from 1-50. Similar to how Ghost Hunters, Lobotomite, White Legs can follow PC's level with their own template of higher HP, better weapons and armors.

There was a few mods aiming at edit leveled list, but nothing at editing the raider's leveled template. A 35HP viper wearing metal armor DT12 shooting better guns is still a shot to the head. Two shots.

Template: higher HP/skills to follow PC level
Equipment: low level is raider armors, high level is gecko-backed leather armor reinforced and metal reinforced. For tribal nature theme.

Note that at 30 level where they start wearing GB LAR, the expensive nature of armor should not be a problem because people break FNV's economy way earlier (14).

3. Third Stage, allow as optional

Edit spawn point so the higher level PC is, the more raiders spawn. Take scaling example from More Spawn mod here, I would say
level 10- original setting
level 10-20: one extra spawn for each location
level 20-30: two extra spawn for each location compared to original
Any more than that and we have to consider loading and graphic demands.

Obivously, we have a linear increase in threat level with stage two, but stage three can raise it to skyhigh. Which is why you would set it as optional, though I expect any level 30 would try their hand with Third Stage.

I invite TTW modders who would be the one working on such concept as this to give out their opinions on such project as this.
Last edited by Laclongquan on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laclongquan

Re: 3.4 mod "Harder Raiders"

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:34 am

This concept can be better illustrated from a combination of mods

1. More Fiends v2, this one increase Fiends presence.
2. Mojave Raiders, this one increase overall raiders presence.
3. More Spawns 3x, this one increase more spawn over all.

For such scenario, I would meet Fiends groups outside of Goodsprings border. The 3-4 Powder Gangers blocking the way from NCRCF to Sloan? They get two more FYTY helpers. The Vipers occupying emergency railyard station? More MR spawns.

Despite that, Mojave is still pretty empty. So it's not as if it's heavy on computer's resource that much.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: For TTW3.4 mod "Harder Raiders"

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:33 am

tier 4 raiders (and other missed factions) have already been added, do you read the change log?

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 am

1. It's for 3.3, not 3.4. And 3.3 is not even out yet.

2. It's for DC in 3.3, and here I want some love for Mojave's raider groups, which arguably in more need for it.

3. metal helmet reinforced is very good for melee raider but I recommend for more popularity of Raider Blastmaster Helmet. You know? The ONLY raider helmet has skill bonus.
+++ Give it to most ranged raiders has two benefits: one, it add extra edge to their ability. TWO, it reduce computer's demand in drawing raider's face by cover it completely. Big fight will not be too heavy to run.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:11 pm

That will all be addressed in the leveling of the NV wasteland in 3.4

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:37 am

@RoyBatty: this is an optional thing I would suggest you guys think about. A separate optional voice mod for DC raiders.

Voiced lines for raiders, in combat mostly, but maybe utter while you are sneaking nearby.

Specifically, a collection of funny lines in novels, games that was approriate to use
"Blood and Thunder!"
"Blood for the Blood God!"
"Show me your honor!"
"Show me your OTHER honor!"
etc...

This is for raiders over all to use.

My idea is from Pythonesque Fiends mod. Unfortunately that is for fiends faction, so raiders from DC get no help from that corner.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:03 pm

Out of scope.