Challenge: more and change

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Laclongquan

Challenge: more and change

Post by Laclongquan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:03 am

I'd like to suggest a few changes to the old and adding new challenge.

[Changed] Challenge "Capped"

Change from breaking legs by Kneecapper, into by all shotguns. We dont always remember to pickpocket a small fry to get that shotgun kneecapper, after all. More importantly, Kneecapper suck so much ass. I am not surprised if not many player complete this challenge, simply because of that weapon.

And it's kinda hard to break leg with Kneecapper. I dont know why but that's my experience. Too easily missed.

[Changed] Challenge Don't Shoot the Dog

Changed into "Brotherhood's Best Regard"

Because It remind people that BOS just recently work their ass off to introduce this new best shiny toy to the battlefield after all.

[New] Challenge Capital's Air Defense

Shoot down vertibird by any means necessary. Reason for name because any capital has a robust air defense network so airdropping troop is suicidal.

Of course, the fact that Enclave declare themselves official gov and their birds getting shotdown in this challenge being pure IRONIC is neither here nor there.

Note: it is possible to shoot down vertibird without tesla cannon. Use Turbo to increase reaction time, full chemmed up, then just shoot~ 5 HE missiles should take down one for example. or Plasma Casters.

[New] Challenge Refined Pungaist

Same as Natural Pungaist but this time with Refined Punga.

Also the perk reward after Natural pungaist? Require both this challenges to be rewarded.

[New] Challenge Napalm in the Morning

100'000 damage by flamer, (heavy) incinerators, Burnmaster, Rapid-torch flamer, Slo-burn flamer, Sim version of flamer, Cleansing Flame, and flare gun.

Otherwise some player wouldnt touch these type of weapons.
Last edited by Laclongquan on Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Laclongquan

Re: Challenge: more and change

Post by Laclongquan » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:09 pm

Shooting down Vertibird require more Hyper Velocity Missile than HE rounds. It seem there's lead time, and sometimes it fly faster out of hit box after we shoot than normal round can fly.

HE rounds and mininuke only work if it fly very slow, like when it landing/taking off.

Turbo help much very much, because my reflex is just not competing with vertibird movement.
----
Dukov's place is a stone cold SOB to shoot. 1st flyby when we get out of the door is very fast and need several reloads to find correct timing to shoot it. The window is very tight, because it fly straight, then diagonal across street sky.

After that, we deal with one officer + DC with ease. Right on the minute, The second bird land. Frankly I dont get the timing of scripted event because the last few reloads we kill them and wander around a bit and that bird dont bother to appear.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:03 am
Note: it is possible to shoot down vertibird without tesla cannon. Use Turbo to increase reaction time, full chemmed up, then just shoot~ 5 HE missiles should take down one for example.
I tend to shoot them down using the anti-material rifle with explosive rounds.

[New] Challenge Napalm in the Morning

100'000 damage by flamer, (heavy) incinerators, Burnmaster, Rapid-torch flamer, Slo-burn flamer,
Sim version of flamer, Cleansing Flame, and flare gun.

Otherwise some player wouldnt touch these type of weapons.
Why does EVERY player need to touch every weapon? Should we have a challenge to force every player to use every weapon? If some don't want to touch a certain class of weapons, who cares? More power to them.

Personally, I think you're all pansies because you don't go into battle naked, covered in blue paint, trying to kill everyone with limp noodles. Internet cookie if you recognize the reference. 8-)

P.S.: If you want people to use flamers, install the mod that makes creatures killed with a flamer drop cooked meat. ;)

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:26 am

Never like Amr that much. The reloading bolt action annoy me.

As for shooting vbird with missile: roleplaying . And its the only kind of target worth dragging out that chunky miss launcher.
EDIT: Launcher is kinda hard hard to shoot Vbird. Missiles are too slow. I have better efficiency with Plasma Caster. But roleplaying is roleplaying ~

If the mods feel autoaxe worth a challenge, i feel the whole group of flamerfuel weapons worth same thing

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:03 am

Make repeatable these one-time challenge

[Stimply Amazing]

We generally can do it within Capital Wasteland. Thus we dont have drive to do it in Mojave despite opportunity there. I am speaking of course of Sierra Madre, where the cloud can hurt you much and continuous stim is a normal thing to do.

[Non star kill and damage challenge can be made repeatable]

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:07 am

Suggest chain challenge [[Fresh 'Room]] and awarded perk [[Mushroom Eater]]

[[Fresh 'Room-Glowing Mushroom]] Eating 50 GM
[[Fresh 'Room-Brain Fungus]] Eating 50 Brain Fungus
[[Fresh 'Room-Cave Fungus]] Eating 50 CF
[[Fresh 'Room-Mutant Cave Fungus]] Eating 50 MCF

Award one level of perk [[Mushroom Eater]] for each challenge
[[Mushroom Eater]] at level 4 give effect double duration of 4 type of mushroom above AND double duration of Mushroom Cloud

=========================
Suggest [[Roger Rabbit]]

Eat 100 Fresh Carrots

Because other fresh veggies has recipe, only this one stand alone.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:55 pm

@Roybatty on Challenge "I dont want to do this"

It's damn hard to find a group of 10 hostile in a footprint of an Experimental MIRV.

In Capital Wasteland, only one place I can find is the big room in Capitol where the Behemoth is. With it, and if you get MIRV first, you have one chance to do it... if you survive the close nuclear blast (because unlike Fat Man you need to get close to shoot MIRV outside of the doorway), which I suspect you dont. Survive, that is. Chemmed up, Turbo, poke out of doorway to clear the field and shoot MIRV, backpedal back as fast as you can

EVEN THEN. Even then I suspect 10 hostile possible only thanks to More Spawn 3X I install. Without it, not a chance.

You can say my combo mod for Harder Raiders in other thread, create a situation where it's possible in Mojave to create big concentration. Even then, Cook-Cook's and Nephi's group is barely ten guys in one place.

Meaning a vanilla TTW will be very unlikely to achieve this Challenge.
----------------
Suggestion: Change to 100 kill with MIRV.

To achieve that they would need to buy plenty of mininuke, which is a good thing economically. But at least it's possible.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:33 am

[New] wrestle with bear

Using unarmed weapons to kill 20 yao guai.

This repeatable should be nice and heart pumping to get you into unarmed style