TTW 3.2.2 : Assault rifles and variants feel too powerful

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Risewild

Re: TTW 3.2.2 : Assault rifles and variants feel too powerful

Post by Risewild » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:20 am

Panzermann11 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:16 pm
I checked in FNVEdit and I noticed the amount of spread is actually heavily reduced to the point it's different on how the original weapon in Fallout 3 functions. This also effectively renders the Infiltrator's mods, both of which are spread reduction mods pointless since it already has spread so low it's essentially a fully-automatic sniper rifle.
Whoever thought of this idea apparently didn't seem to do a lot of playtesting.
Spread works differently in FO3 and FNV.
That "Spread" value does nothing in FNV for example.

The GECK wiki probably has information about the spread on both games.

EDIT: I found it:
Check this one first
Check this one after
Last edited by Risewild on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature:

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:49 pm

Risewild wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:20 am
I wasn't talking about the value, I'm talking about TTW affecting the spread itself. Honestly though, Roy shouldn't have brought up enemies with a fuck ton of health like the albino radscorpions for such a common, low damage weapon.
A mod I made which fixes many problems of mine actually rebalances the assault rifle so it's still a decent weapon, but not so much it stands out from other weapons.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:34 am

One, we are talking about assault rifle, right. What does albino have anything to do with it?
Two no, infiltrator is... infiltrator. Silent kill, assassinating... i dont see problems with it, from gameplay aspect. I did infiltrator and perforator with the pitt and rarely more after. Lmg and assault carbine fit better with cw.

Edit: mostly because i took the pitt a little late. With albino and overlord and reaver, lmg works better. Though if i find camp of raiders i did perforated them in good measure.
Last edited by Laclongquan on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Death_Reaper56

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:57 am

Panzermann11 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:49 pm
Risewild wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:20 am
I wasn't talking about the value, I'm talking about TTW affecting the spread itself. Honestly though, Roy shouldn't have brought up enemies with a fuck ton of health like the albino radscorpions for such a common, low damage weapon.
A mod I made which fixes many problems of mine actually rebalances the assault rifle so it's still a decent weapon, but not so much it stands out from other weapons.
What are you even talking about?

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:27 am

Laclongquan wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:34 am
One, we are talking about assault rifle, right. What does albino have anything to do with it?
Roy said this:
RoyBatty wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 am
The weapons also must function correctly in VERY HARD where they do 1/2 damage.

See how they work against albinos and overlords in very hard.
Laclongquan wrote:
Two no, infiltrator is... infiltrator. Silent kill, assassinating... i dont see problems with it, from gameplay aspect.
The Infiltrator literally has a low enough spread, making mods for it which both reduce spread effectively useless.
The rifle has a scope, but just because of that it doesn't mean it has to be a fully-automatic long range weapon.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 am

Death_Reaper56 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:57 am
Always grinds my gears how I had to explain to someone who probably has insufficent intelligence to understand, and I'm not even talking about the S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Let me put this in English... TTW reduced the spread as in increased the accuracy for the assault rifle, and kept the Chinese assault rifle's accuracy as-is/the same. The rifle wasn't like that in Fallout 3.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:38 am

Panzermann11 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:27 am
Laclongquan wrote:
Roy said this:
RoyBatty wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 am
The weapons also must function correctly in VERY HARD where they do 1/2 damage.

See how they work against albinos and overlords in very hard.
Laclongquan wrote:
Two no, infiltrator is... infiltrator. Silent kill, assassinating... i dont see problems with it, from gameplay aspect.
The Infiltrator literally has a low enough spread, making mods for it which both reduce spread effectively useless.
The rifle has a scope, but just because of that it doesn't mean it has to be a fully-automatic long range weapon.
I see no problem with it because bozaar. Bozaar is scoped machinegun and thats how i shot it.

Infiltrator: realtime shooting can pump enough bullets, barely. The scope isnt that big a problem, not the spread.

Death_Reaper56

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:05 pm

Panzermann11 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 am
Death_Reaper56 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:57 am
Always grinds my gears how I had to explain to someone who probably has insufficent intelligence to understand, and I'm not even talking about the S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Let me put this in English... TTW reduced the spread as in increased the accuracy for the assault rifle, and kept the Chinese assault rifle's accuracy as-is/the same. The rifle wasn't like that in Fallout 3.
Hey. Insulting me is NOT the way to go and will get you banned if that's how your gonna act.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:34 am

Both of you knock it off.

You are free to mod TTW how you like, I have to balance the weapons to fill their role as laid forth by NVs 5 tier system there are HUNDREDS more weapons with both NV and F3 and the last thing that was needed was yet another assault rifle that shoots 5.56. I have done extensive balancing over the last two years or so and continue to do so and I have 4000 hours of play testing, so don't get snotty with me about that. The Assault rifle is a useless weapon anywhere past about level 10, it can't do enough damage even with AP rounds to kill anything except the lowest level enemies.

3.2.2 doesn't have the best balance because we were still using the old way of trying to make Fallout 3 fit NV's mechanics. Well I've changed that for the next version to make it more of a blend between games.

3.3 has further balance changes that are extensive from the economy (F3 style) to weapon (tiers and damage) and armor balancing (DR and DT), to enemy health and balancing (including fatigue for unarmed) and thousands of other changes.

I will reiterate, TTW is NOT Fallout 3 in New Vegas' engine and it NEVER will be so don't even suggest it, I will ignore it.

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:36 pm

Death_Reaper56 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:05 pm
Hey. Insulting me is NOT the way to go and will get you banned if that's how your gonna act.
Damn, sorry. I didn't mean to be rude whatsoever. I just thought you didn't understand what I was saying, so I had to explain simply to you. I have to admit, I just get carried away sometimes.