Getting laser and plasma pistols to use GRA sounds when modded

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Bottletopman

Getting laser and plasma pistols to use GRA sounds when modded

Post by Bottletopman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:39 am

Does the game just change the sound if mod slot 3 is equipped? Or does it depend on the silence/suppressor effect for a weapon mod?

I'm using the sawyerbatty mod which merges the GRA weapons and its mods with vanilla ones, and I'm not sure how 3.3 will handle GRA (will it be merged or separate?) or if sawyerbatty will be upgraded to 3.3, but I think it'd be cool to have the laser and plasma pistols use the GRA firing sounds when the focus optics and high energy ionizer mods are applied to their respective weapons. Feels like a cool little touch to these two guns.
tp for my bunghole?

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Getting laser and plasma pistols to use GRA sounds when modded

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:23 am

GRA is integrated in 3.3

sawyerbatty is already updated on my end for it

Bottletopman

Re: Getting laser and plasma pistols to use GRA sounds when modded

Post by Bottletopman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:48 am

Sweet, I'm guessing it's not possible at the moment (even with JIP) to make it so that weapon sounds occupying a specific mod slot will use the alternate 2d and 3d firing sounds? I tried to make it so that when both the laser and plasma pistols have their damage boosting mods applied, the firing sound gets changed from their vanilla ones to the GRA ones, but it seems like the alternate fire sounds are only used when the suppressor/silencer mod effects are used.
tp for my bunghole?