Will it work if I own both games on different platforms?

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Daniels8368

Will it work if I own both games on different platforms?

Post by Daniels8368 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:30 pm

I read in the FAQ that it supports both gog and steam versions of the game, so if I own fallout 3 on gog and fallout nv on steam will it still work?

Risewild

Re: Will it work if I own both games on different platforms?

Post by Risewild » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:35 am

Yes, it will work (as long as you have all the DLCs for Fallout New Vegas). :D
Signature:

fallenangemon0

Post by fallenangemon0 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 am

This is great news, I think!

I have a modded setup for NV I have just the way I love it, and don't want to throw away certain mods I can't do without to play TTW.

To piggyback off of this thread...my NV game is on Steam and my Fallout 3 game is on GOG...

if I get a separate GOG version of NV can I then set up TTW without interfering with my Steam version of NV?

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:03 pm

If you have NV just the way you like, archive it with something like 7zip and keep a save handy. That's what I do. Bethesda games don't like having multiple instances because they use a single registry key to track the game path. You could always make a script to change the registry keys manually that you run before running different instances stored in different places. However, the best thing to do is probably this: make a note of all the mods you are using with NV right now. Then clean up NV to stock. Then install TTW3, installing to a separate directory (not to the NV game directory). Archive that directory. Setup Mod Organizer 2 and make a profile for plain NV. Use MO2 to install the mods you currently use with NV just the way you like. Then make another profile for TTW3 and use MO2 to install the archive of the TTW3 directory that you made earlier. Make sure that works and then mod that, being careful about the mods used. Then you can switch back and forth in MO2 between NV the way you like and TTW3.