Only 1 Suggestion

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
JBear61

Only 1 Suggestion

Post by JBear61 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Beautiful scenery: Check (NMC Textures)
Wonderful gameplay: Check (Straight outta the box)
PC and NPC Appearance: Fail
The totally realistic environment serves to point out the tragic character aesthetics. The overall mod is amazing! I can't play first person due to visual difficulties. It makes me literally ill. So the character and npc appearance is an immersion issue for me, and others like me. There are mods that make the characters basically come to life, none of which work. (Now) That is the one detraction for this otherwise stellar modification. I can't even imagine the difficulties encountered in this merger, and this team is amazingly talented, and I look forward to a day where this one fail is amended. Thank you.

RoyBatty

Re: Only 1 Suggestion

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Out of scope, but someone will probably do Project Beauty/Redesigned 2 at some point.

As for 1st person nausea I understand, its the shitty camera (mounted on a swivel) and the low FOV that does it (it gives me a migraine). I wrote FOV Slider to combat this and set my FOV to 90 or 100.

JBear61

Post by JBear61 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Mine is more of a spatial issue. I get the nausea IRL moving around if I don't look down enough to see my body. In other words, if I can't actually see my physical presence, viewing my surroundings creates hellish nausea. the same thing happens ingame, but where it's nearly instantaneous IRL, ingame it take a moment to reach that level of nausea, likely because I can look down and see my real body, but then when I concentrate on the screen (like one does when immersed) BOOM, nausea. Screen FOV, and other tricks only delay the effect briefly. I know I'm not alone, it's probably (in part) why games in 3rd person, or 1st/3rd alternate views are so popular. I will likely have to try to tinker something together for my personal gaming.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:45 am

JBear61 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:43 pm
Mine is more of a spatial issue. I get the nausea IRL moving around if I don't look down enough to see my body. In other words, if I can't actually see my physical presence, viewing my surroundings creates hellish nausea. the same thing happens ingame, but where it's nearly instantaneous IRL, ingame it take a moment to reach that level of nausea, likely because I can look down and see my real body, but then when I concentrate on the screen (like one does when immersed) BOOM, nausea. Screen FOV, and other tricks only delay the effect briefly. I know I'm not alone, it's probably (in part) why games in 3rd person, or 1st/3rd alternate views are so popular. I will likely have to try to tinker something together for my personal gaming.

Well, you could try the mod called "Enhanced Camera" ( https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55334 ) if you have not already. It shows the player's body when you look down in 1st person view. Seems to have minor issues though. ( viewtopic.php?t=6491 )

JBear61

Post by JBear61 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Thank you for the suggestion! Gave it a shot, but only seems to help a tiny bit. Also have tried Immersive !st Person View for Skyrim, about the same results, and both add more bugs. I think my only hope is to get the Redesigned mods worked in. Where there is a will, there's a way. Thank you.

JBear61

Post by JBear61 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:29 am

Also, none of this helps the needy, needy npc faces.