About DLCs only

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
John Barleycorn

Re: About DLCs only

Post by John Barleycorn » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:42 pm

UsagiPyon wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:47 pm
John Barleycorn wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:47 pm
Of course not. Sorry, i explained myself bad. I mean, like port the content someway and recreate the quest for nv. It would be useless of course import a dlc 'as it is', especially considering that for entering them you should be in the capital of wasteland and in fnv you're in Nevada. What i was meaning is create the questline for nv. Like, i don't know, for example put inside one of the bunkers in hidden valley the one of project anchorage, or something like that..
I'm actually confused as to why you are asking for this nor what purpose it serves :lol: . Can't you just play the DLCs, ignore FO3 and be on your way to play in NV? Why waste time and resources on "porting" the FO3 DLCs over to NV?
Becouse the AWESOME mod "animation project" was only for fallout new vegas? AND becouse in fallout new vegas there's more weapons, armors... everything? Or, becouse i find dlcs of fnv totally sucks, and having some of the fo3 which i prefer would be a win-win. But in the end, becouse i'd like to.

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:46 pm

Risewild wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:43 am
I assume (by what was said in the first post) that the OP just doesn't like or care for the Capital Wasteland setting/location/characters/story/etc. And would prefer to avoid it at all costs. And doesn't want to install TTW because it's a massive mod.

But like Roy said, that is just impossible, because the DLCs really are totally dependent on the FO3 master.

I guess the only compromise I can think of, is to have TTW and make a mod that just somehow makes the DLCs start from the Mojave Wasteland. Although that wouldn't make much sense, since there are stuff that is mentioned/done/"intertwined" between the DLCs and Fallout 3 (characters, quests, dialogue, etc).
And it would still require TTW to be installed. So it would be a lot of work for no benefit. :?
But no lol, i mean there's an infinite amount of mods around which add new quests, i mean, hasn't ever someone replicate the questline of one dlc of fo3? I mean, like being abducted by aliens it would be likely in fallout new vegas even more than fallout 3 for example. (instead meeting just one or two stranded aliens if you have the wild wasteland perk) But look, just forget it, i was just wondering.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 am

No worries mate :D .

But I feel like you're committing an error with your reasoning. While there are several quest mods for FNV, there aren't many DLC sized (or even new worldspaces) quest mods for FNV. And the ones that exist took (or are taking) many years and teams of several capable modders to make.

The problem with making a FO3 DLC for FNV from scratch is that whoever is making it, will have to make all new assets to replace the ones from FO3. Since it's illegal to use FO3 assets in FNV and vice-versa.
Which means people would have to remake the voices, sound, models, animations, dialogue, objects, quests, landmass, LOD, navmesh, NPCs, creatures, perks, pipboy icons, etc. from that DLC. And that is a monumental effort :shock: . It would be taking many years to be made with a team of good modders :shock: .

I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, I'm just trying to explain why making a FO3 DLC for FNV is very different and way more complex and work than making a quest mod for FNV. :)
Signature:

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:19 am

John Barleycorn wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:42 pm
UsagiPyon wrote:
John Barleycorn wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:47 pm
Of course not. Sorry, i explained myself bad. I mean, like port the content someway and recreate the quest for nv. It would be useless of course import a dlc 'as it is', especially considering that for entering them you should be in the capital of wasteland and in fnv you're in Nevada. What i was meaning is create the questline for nv. Like, i don't know, for example put inside one of the bunkers in hidden valley the one of project anchorage, or something like that..
I'm actually confused as to why you are asking for this nor what purpose it serves :lol: . Can't you just play the DLCs, ignore FO3 and be on your way to play in NV? Why waste time and resources on "porting" the FO3 DLCs over to NV?
Becouse the AWESOME mod "animation project" was only for fallout new vegas? AND becouse in fallout new vegas there's more weapons, armors... everything? Or, becouse i find dlcs of fnv totally sucks, and having some of the fo3 which i prefer would be a win-win. But in the end, becouse i'd like to.
Sure, if you say so :lol:

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:03 pm

UsagiPyon wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:19 am
John Barleycorn wrote:
UsagiPyon wrote:

Have you ever tried animation project?

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:09 pm

Risewild wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 am

But I feel like you're committing an error with your reasoning. While there are several quest mods for FNV, there aren't many DLC sized (or even new worldspaces) quest mods for FNV. And the ones that exist took (or are taking) many years and teams of several capable modders to make.

The problem with making a FO3 DLC for FNV from scratch is that whoever is making it, will have to make all new assets to replace the ones from FO3. Since it's illegal to use FO3 assets in FNV and vice-versa.
Which means people would have to remake the voices, sound, models, animations, dialogue, objects, quests, landmass, LOD, navmesh, NPCs, creatures, perks, pipboy icons, etc. from that DLC. And that is a monumental effort :shock: . It would be taking many years to be made with a team of good modders :shock: .

I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, I'm just trying to explain why making a FO3 DLC for FNV is very different and way more complex and work than making a quest mod for FNV. :)
About that is something i'll never understand. I mean: it's like the fonv mod for fo4, they have to remake from scratch even audio becouse you can't porting. But since tools like bsa extractor are around, why do not simply say to people "extract the missing archives from YOUR OWN BOUGHT files by yourself and then drop them on your fo4 data" Legal. And easy.
Booh. I don't get it. Anyway, let's close it here, orwe could go on endlessly.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:33 pm

John Barleycorn wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:03 pm
UsagiPyon wrote:
John Barleycorn wrote:

Nope, not interested nor excited with stuffs like the old lazurus/solid project, WaR, Hitman's, Asurah's , ATTT and 4K texture thingy. I have enough weapons as is with AWOP, Tammer's and TTW itself. Was it even problem free with TTW? I install TTW for obvious reasons and will feel no sense of lost to ditch stuffs I have no interest in or have slight incompatibilities that I can't manual fix :D

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:47 pm

John Barleycorn wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:09 pm
Risewild wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 am

About that is something i'll never understand. I mean: it's like the fonv mod for fo4, they have to remake from scratch even audio becouse you can't porting. But since tools like bsa extractor are around, why do not simply say to people "extract the missing archives from YOUR OWN BOUGHT files by yourself and then drop them on your fo4 data" Legal. And easy.
Booh. I don't get it. Anyway, let's close it here, orwe could go on endlessly.
Sorry to jump in here, but that FNV in FO4 thing isn't that easy. They have to remake everything because none of the files from FNV are compatible in any way with the FO4 engine. The problem they had with the audi was they were going to encode all of it and then distribute it, which is a copyright violation. You can't just dump the files out of the bsa's from one game and expect the engine from a completely different game to read them. I don't know where people get this idea. A guy posted here one time looking for help because he couldn't coc to Tamriel from inside FNV. He'd dumped the esm and extracted bsa files from Skyrim into his FNV folder and expected the game to run them. Ridiculous.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:16 am

Fallout New Vegas handles audio differently than Fallout 3 (Obsidian also broke the audio system). So it's not just as simple as a user extracting FO3 audio and place it on the FNV mod. :(
Signature:

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:54 am

UsagiPyon wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:33 pm
John Barleycorn wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:03 pm
UsagiPyon wrote: