About DLCs only

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
John Barleycorn

About DLCs only

Post by John Barleycorn » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi everybody. I just wanted to ask if there's some kind of dlc only porting version around? I mean, i'm not really interested on plyaing fallout 3, never liked the main quest, (and install huge mods always bring some issues, so if it's not something you can't just live without is better be avoided) but the dlcs of fo3 were difinitely not bad, especially project anchorage. Some of them were better than the new vegas ones. So i was wondering if there's the chance to simply port some dlcs into fonv. I tried to do that by myself, but alas, i'm definitely not good enough.
If someone has already asked something like this sorry in advance, i checked some pages in this and the general discussion topic and didn't see it, but in that case feel free to simply point me to it.

RoyBatty

Re: About DLCs only

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:51 am

Impossible.

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Not very talkative aren't you?

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:47 pm

Nothing else to say about it, it's impossible.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:50 pm

Yeah, there's not really much to say.

I guess I can add that the DLCs are dependent of the Fallout 3 master as the human body is dependent of it's skeleton and internal organs. You can't have one without the others and be functional or even alive.
Signature:

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:18 pm

You mean that it can't be created a questline for adding those dlc even if inside falloutnv.esm there's already some pieces of 'em scattered around? Oookay. Um... Forget i said anything.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Its not about quests, its about how the DLC are depending on the Fallout3.esm for all the objects, sounds, and anything else in the game. You can't just remove it.

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:47 pm

Of course not. Sorry, i explained myself bad. I mean, like port the content someway and recreate the quest for nv. It would be useless of course import a dlc 'as it is', especially considering that for entering them you should be in the capital of wasteland and in fnv you're in Nevada. What i was meaning is create the questline for nv. Like, i don't know, for example put inside one of the bunkers in hidden valley the one of project anchorage, or something like that..

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:47 pm

John Barleycorn wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:47 pm
Of course not. Sorry, i explained myself bad. I mean, like port the content someway and recreate the quest for nv. It would be useless of course import a dlc 'as it is', especially considering that for entering them you should be in the capital of wasteland and in fnv you're in Nevada. What i was meaning is create the questline for nv. Like, i don't know, for example put inside one of the bunkers in hidden valley the one of project anchorage, or something like that..
I'm actually confused as to why you are asking for this nor what purpose it serves :lol: . Can't you just play the DLCs, ignore FO3 and be on your way to play in NV? Why waste time and resources on "porting" the FO3 DLCs over to NV?

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:43 am

I assume (by what was said in the first post) that the OP just doesn't like or care for the Capital Wasteland setting/location/characters/story/etc. And would prefer to avoid it at all costs. And doesn't want to install TTW because it's a massive mod.

But like Roy said, that is just impossible, because the DLCs really are totally dependent on the FO3 master.

I guess the only compromise I can think of, is to have TTW and make a mod that just somehow makes the DLCs start from the Mojave Wasteland. Although that wouldn't make much sense, since there are stuff that is mentioned/done/"intertwined" between the DLCs and Fallout 3 (characters, quests, dialogue, etc).
And it would still require TTW to be installed. So it would be a lot of work for no benefit. :?
Signature: