New Universal OS installer

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Quasar119

New Universal OS installer

Post by Quasar119 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:10 am

I've been trying to switch to Linux and thought of a potentially simple way to make this mod compatible with Linux, Mac OS and another way to install for Windows if for some reason the installer wasn't working for you.

My Idea was that you would tell the installer where your Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 installation directories were and it would attempt to detect whether or not they are legitimate, if you have legitimate copy's of both Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3, then it would give you the files and a manual installation guide, for example where you would then place the files and change the change the INI file, although this wouldn't result in the same clean installation if you had used the other installers, this would allow people who had other Operating Systems to enjoy this excellent mod. This installer could be a .exe file so it could work under Wine or I think the Mac OS equivalent, Wineskin.

I'm not great at programming as I haven't done it in a while and I can't remember if this mod is open source or not.

Anyway if this idea is bad, wouldn't work, too hard to make, or if you are too busy then let me know. And if this idea is a good one or an Okay one, also let me know. Thanks :D

RoyBatty

Re: New Universal OS installer

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 am

Unfortunately we cannot redistribute the files in any way, our installer patches the existing files.

Quasar119

Re: New Universal OS installer

Post by Quasar119 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Ah I see, Thanks. It was an idea I just wanted to know if it would work