Xuanlong Assault Rifle Mods

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
TheGrayStranger

Xuanlong Assault Rifle Mods

Post by TheGrayStranger » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:01 pm

I noticed that the Xuanlong assault rifle lacks the two weapon mods of its non-unique variant the Chinese assault rifle. Is this intentional, or an oversight? I'd like to change it, but I'm not really familiar with FNV modding. If someone could make a patch that adds the mods, or provide a walk-through of how to so, I would be very thankful.

UsagiPyon

Re: Xuanlong Assault Rifle Mods

Post by UsagiPyon » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:32 pm

TheGrayStranger wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:01 pm
I noticed that the Xuanlong assault rifle lacks the two weapon mods of its non-unique variant the Chinese assault rifle. Is this intentional, or an oversight? I'd like to change it, but I'm not really familiar with FNV modding. If someone could make a patch that adds the mods, or provide a walk-through of how to so, I would be very thankful.
Intentional. AFAIK Unique weapons tend to have better stats but can't be modded.
As for patching it to be moddable, since it shares the same model and texture as the normal CAR you can use FNVEDIT to :
- Copy the XuanlongAR from the weapon category in the TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm into a new .esp
- Name the new .esp so that you can proceed.
- Compare the Normal CAR (from the TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm) and the XuanlongAR (from the new .esp) and then copy the red highlighted parts from the CAR's stats over to the XuanlongAR's stats.
SpoilerShow

- Exit and save the new .esp.

Although you can also use the GECK to achieve this, it is better done in FNVEDIT imo.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:07 pm

Uniques are also in process of getting unique meshes/textures, and uniques are not supposed to be moddable, they are already OP enough.

TheGrayStranger

Post by TheGrayStranger » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:48 am

SpoilerShow
UsagiPyon wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:32 pm
TheGrayStranger wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:01 pm
Intentional. AFAIK Unique weapons tend to have better stats but can't be modded.
As for patching it to be moddable, since it shares the same model and texture as the normal CAR you can use FNVEDIT to :
- Copy the XuanlongAR from the weapon category in the TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm into a new .esp
- Name the new .esp so that you can proceed.
- Compare the Normal CAR (from the TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm) and the XuanlongAR (from the new .esp) and then copy the red highlighted parts from the CAR's stats over to the XuanlongAR's stats.
SpoilerShow

- Exit and save the new .esp.

Although you can also use the GECK to achieve this, it is better done in FNVEDIT imo.
Excellent, thank you very much!
SpoilerShow
RoyBatty wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:07 pm
Uniques are also in process of getting unique meshes/textures, and uniques are not supposed to be moddable, they are already OP enough.
Nice. Will that be apart of the next update?