MMinor bugs - rivet city and point lookout

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
crazycoconut247

MMinor bugs - rivet city and point lookout

Post by crazycoconut247 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:59 am

I love this mod. Thanks for all your hard work.

So I've noticed 4 minor issues in my gameplay. 1 somewhat game breaking but just though id point them out to hopefully assist with future updates.

1. Seagrave Holmes dissapeared and i couldn't do the council seat quest with him. Still could do it with Bannon.

2. The Wedding in Rivet City froze up. The people appeared but the priest didnt and when i skipped for time he appeared but they all just stood there and nothing happened. So i skipped again (1 hour) and the guests walked away but the bride, groom, and priest just stood there frozen still.

3. The cinematic for point lookout when you go to sleep with Tobar from DC to PL didn't play. Normally from my memory you're supposed to see the boat moving across water. In my case i only saw the metallic hull of the ship. After the cinematic though everything loaded fine.

4. For some reason in point lookout out when using a double barrel shotgun there is a freeze for a split second when shooting an enemy (i think maybe shotgun surgeon perk is doing this because of the calculations but can't confirm).

5. After leaving Raven Rock and going to the Citadel I tried to enter and was instead in an empty space with many brotherhood initiates bunched together. Couldn't talk to Lyons to continue the quest.
Last edited by crazycoconut247 on Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UsagiPyon

Re: MMinor bugs - rivet city and point lookout

Post by UsagiPyon » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 am

crazycoconut247 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:59 am
I love this mod. Thanks for all your hard work.

So I've noticed three minor issues in my gameplay. None game breaking but just though id point them out to hopefully assist with future updates.

1. Seagrave Holmes dissapeared and i couldn't do the council seat quest with him. Still could do it with Bannon.

2. The Wedding in Rivet City froze up. The people appeared but the priest didnt and when i skipped for time he appeared but they all just stood there and nothing happened. So i skipped again (1 hour) and the guests walked away but the bride, groom, and priest just stood there frozen still.

3. The cinematic for point lookout when you go to sleep with Tobar from DC to PL didn't play. Normally from my memory you're supposed to see the boat moving across water. In my case i only saw the metallic hull of the ship. After the cinematic though everything loaded fine.
1. No comment as I did not do that quest.

2. The wedding sequence seems glitchy (maybe because of the terrible nav mesh in rivet city ?) but it did not froze up for me.
- Sometimes the bride went missing and sometimes the groom. More so if you speak to any of them when they're walking towards the church.
- Sometimes the guests gets stuck walking into the church because of the two lights in the doorway.
- The priest floats in the air in my game.
- If you complete "Those!" quest and sent bryan to live with his aunt, he just stand around like a real sore thumb during the wedding sequence while everyone was seated.

3. The cinematic did play out for me. Might want to state your load order.

My Load Order:
+ NVAC
+ NVSR
+ JIP NVSE 55.10
+ TTW 3.2.2
SpoilerShow
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] BrokenSteel.esm
[X] PointLookout.esm
[X] Zeta.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
[X] YUPTTW.esm
[X] Functional Post Game Ending.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] AWorldOfPainFO3.esm
[X] AnotherInteriorMod.esm
[X] A Trail of Crumbs.esm
[X] TTWInteriors_Core.esm
[X] TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm
[X] LootMenu.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] CASM with MCM.esp
[X] JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
[X] JIP MiniMap.esp
[X] TTWInt_FPGE_Patch.esp
[X] Enhanced Item Info.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
[X] TTW - AWOPNV.esp
[X] TTW-AWOPNV-AWOPFO3.esp
[X] TTW Quick Start.esp
[X] BLEED.esp
[X] MMP.esp
[\spoiler]

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Not sure why Seagrave sometimes dies, it's happened to me once.

The wedding scene is known vanilla bug in Fallout 3, we just never could reproduce it to try and fix it.

Not sure about the last one, RickerHK had the same issue, but his fix broke it for me.

gnarlyfingers

Post by gnarlyfingers » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:31 pm

1. Even in vanilla, Rivet City is a bit sensitive to too many scripts running. Sometimes people stay locked inside their rooms or in other people's rooms. And of course sometimes they die. Seagrave Holmes' routine is more buggy than most (he is often not at his shop). In such cases I use the console to bring him around:
"ref-id".moveto player

2. In the wedding scene, I often find the priest frozen in place, probably again because of too many running scripts. Again, I use the console to get him to move:
disable
enable

3. No idea.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:31 am

It's not too many scripts, it's just the AI not working correctly.

TTW has a bug with the maintenance guy not traveling to the science lab and doing repairs like he's supposed to, bugs me still.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:39 pm

OK you need to post a load order because you are clearly using mods that are causing these problems. The last one you posted is because of Nevada Skies.

Update JIP NVSE and the shotgun issue should go away, except with PA's fishing aid will still lag a tad due to the amount of pellets being fired.

gnarlyfingers

Post by gnarlyfingers » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:31 am
It's not too many scripts, it's just the AI not working correctly.
What I meant was "too many actors - too many AI packages running". Does that make more sense?