[Fallout 3] Companions on hardcore die very fast

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Ence

Re: [Fallout 3] Companions on hardcore die very fast

Post by Ence » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Ok I found a mod that allows companions to heal themselves https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66386
Recommend.

pharaon3

Post by pharaon3 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:04 pm

I suggest lStewieAl's Tweaks. It adds a lot of QOL improvements, all optional, and one of them allows to restore essential status to companions, as in non-hardcore gameplay, as long as they stay in your party.
I've been told by mod author that it also works with mod added and TTW companions.

And it's a ESPless, NVSE plugin.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66347

HeyokahShadowOfLight

Post by HeyokahShadowOfLight » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:27 am

I keep my companions in my hideouts and take them out on small trips. After years of playing, I need to go out in stealth and do my thing. this is the fifth time playing and have everything that increases the spawn turned up and playing on this level. I cheat now. the console is the greatest invention in the game, also there is a mod that will not allow your companion to die. As for dogmeat scale his size to be a big bad wolf, he will survive. It is unrealistic to be a half hero and try to use stealth and one shot sniping and not ever be good enough to do it. so either does what you have to to survive at the heavy balance or go down to lower levels. Please let us thank the guy who is doing all he can to make Fallout3 playable on windows 7 and adding NV for your character to continue, instead of blaming him for a flaw in the original design that you can fix. or do you think if he fix it, it will not be cheating and if we do it is.
When I am right No one remembers, When I am wrong no one forgets.
Ghassan Jarrar, Retired Chief Architect/Technologist.
Heyokah, Shadow Of Light, Where light is, I am.

Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:34 pm

I either go alone or make companions essential (new lStewieAl's Tweaks are great for that).

HeyokahShadowOfLight

Post by HeyokahShadowOfLight » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:56 am

Bonaparte wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:34 pm
I either go alone or make companions essential (new lStewieAl's Tweaks are great for that).
I did that, but companions are good at getting excited and screaming at the top of their lungs and here goes your stealth.
When I am right No one remembers, When I am wrong no one forgets.
Ghassan Jarrar, Retired Chief Architect/Technologist.
Heyokah, Shadow Of Light, Where light is, I am.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:02 pm

Yeah, if you play a stealth character, you're constantly forced to make your companions wait while you take care of the issue, or not take them along at all. Companions in Bethesda games aren't meant for stealth, they're meant as meat shields and pack mules. :lol: