TTW Optionals Coming Back?

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Paladin_Gary

TTW Optionals Coming Back?

Post by Paladin_Gary » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:06 am

I really like most of them. The ones I want back specifically are the Speech Checks and no karma requirement for D.C. companions. Are these coming back?

Risewild

Re: TTW Optionals Coming Back?

Post by Risewild » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:26 am

Not sure about when or if the Speech Checks will be back. That was Retlaw's project and I haven't seen him around for a while.
The no Karma companions is outdated, since in TTW 3.+ the Charisma Bobblehead does that. So try to get that Bobblehead, and you can recruit anyone no matter your karma.
Signature:

EnderDragonFire

Post by EnderDragonFire » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Risewild wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:26 am
The no Karma companions is outdated, since in TTW 3.+ the Charisma Bobblehead does that. So try to get that Bobblehead, and you can recruit anyone no matter your karma.
Someone should make a mod that works like the old optional. I don't like the silly Karma requirments for the followers, and having a magical item that removes them mid-play-through doesn't make them any better. I get why 3.0 works the way it does, but I personally abhor balance for balance's sake, and would prefer to be able to pick up any companion any time without needing to cheat and get a bobblehead first.

"Who are you, who do not know your history?"

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:09 pm

EnderDragonFire wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:51 pm
Risewild wrote:
Someone should make a mod that works like the old optional. I don't like the silly Karma requirments for the followers, and having a magical item that removes them mid-play-through doesn't make them any better. I get why 3.0 works the way it does, but I personally abhor balance for balance's sake, and would prefer to be able to pick up any companion any time without needing to cheat and get a bobblehead first.
Well, time to pull up your sleeves and make that mod :D .
There's not time like the present and no stronger motivation to learn how to create mods, than wanting that mod no one made yet. ;)
Signature:

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:42 pm

Well good luck with that, most people are going to try to convert some F3 mod (or some mod for Cass too because she also has it) and break TTW in the process.

Can't win...

Zhunter5000

Post by Zhunter5000 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:48 am

EnderDragonFire wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:51 pm
Risewild wrote:
If you are interested in getting the charisma bobblehead, I believe it's in vault 108. Watch out for Roy's army though lol jk.

EnderDragonFire

Post by EnderDragonFire » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:27 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:42 pm
Can't win...
Sorry if people are giving you a hard time. I didn't mean to demand anything from you, I was just wishing out loud. The Karma system annoys me, but it does belong in TTW since it's integral to both games. You made the right call by not totally remove the Karma requirements.

If I can figure out how to do it myself, I will upload the finished product. I've been poking around in xEdit all night trying to figure out how to use the tools to do what I want!

My hatred of the Karma system shouldn't be any skin off your back, Roy! You're making a mix of two games that use Karma, so having Karma in your mod makes perfect sense!

It's not your system, unless you are secretly Todd Howard or Joshua Sawyer. So I make no demands of you!

"Who are you, who do not know your history?"

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:05 pm

I can't remember how we did the Charisma Bobblehead. But I think it would be a good start if you checked what and how it does the "no karma" follower hiring and then you could probably make a mod that gives the "bobblehead perk" to the player automatically.
That could be the easiest way for you to have a mod that removes follower karma requirements.
Signature:

Bandy

Post by Bandy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm

As long as we're talking about 'cheats', is there a console cmd for adjusting karma? Trying to find anything, but so far only only 'player reputation and faction', is that how 'karma' is awarded/deducted by faction?

Sry, maybe stupid question from the peanut gallery for those who know the guts of the game...

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:25 pm

rewardkarma , either negative or positive