First impressions and feedback.

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
chucksteel

FO3 versions are still the

Post by chucksteel » Sun May 05, 2013 12:03 am

FO3 versions are still the same and not the NV versions. Only Deathclaw change we made was to add an alpha to Old Only an a matriarch to the Dethclaw sanctuary. 

Flash Gordon

Instead of starting another

Post by Flash Gordon » Mon May 13, 2013 3:01 am

Instead of starting another first impressions thread, I thought I would add to one that was already going.

First, great job on everything, the mod is stable, fun, and re-injects some excitment into F03.

I made an energy weapon user to run through, and so far (just made level 10) he is working out fairly well (although like vanilla FO3, I am still using guns a lot due to scarcity of ammo, but it creates a sense of destitution and lack that was missing in FONV which can be fun. I never remember being so excited to find 60 MFC before). 

A couple things of note. Like mentioned above, robots seem to ignore me for the most part or flail wildly at me (DANGER WILL ROBINSON!). This made the National Guard building quite easy. On my first foray out of Megaton (I think I was level 3 or 4) I ran across a hostile Enclave Soldier in Springdale. Needless to say, I was a bit outgunned, so I chemed up (hilariously, even with the medical bobblehead, I became addicted to buffout AND psycho), tricked him onto a mine and then proceeded to pummel him with my baseball bat. 

Super mutants are a true pain now. When I first encountered them, they were very tough and any more than two would be the death of me. Now, around level 10, they have become a but of a bullet sponge, and are slowly teetering towards annoying rather than challenging. I know there was some discussion about reducing their DT, and I think a SLIGHT reduction might be in order. It does get a bit tiresome when NONE of your attacks go through their DT for so long (a completely repaired assault rifle, recharger rifle and so on). 

Don't let these minor quibbles cloud the fact I am loving this mod, as well as the super helpful community. Great job fellas. 

MrMedicinal

Love the mod! Ever since New

Post by MrMedicinal » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Love the mod! Ever since New Vegas first came out i always wanted the features from New Vegas to be ported into Fallout 3, and always created a middle aged Courier (because my Courier was the Lone Wanderer as far as i'm concerned. :) )

I played through the whole main quest-line as well as many others before hitting New Vegas, and i have to say that I'm quite shocked by the stability of the mod! I put in somewhere like 35 hours into the game and only had it crash on me twice, and that was before i tweaked my FALLOUT.ini file to better perform on my computer. Since than zero crashes. (Now thats amazing.) Not to mention you guys have fixed various glitches that were in the vanilla game and made Fallout 3 a more stable, and relatively exploit free.

I'd like to thank everyone involved in this mod, it was (more or less) an old dream come true. Good job Guys!

drithius

Re: First impressions and feedback.

Post by drithius » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Firstly, apologies for the necro. Playing through TTW for the first time and ran into this mysterious disappearing cake first-hand; this was the only hit on a google search.

* The cake disappears after Andy cuts it
* The cake is still selectable in the console, despite now being invisible <CG02CakeREF>
* Quitting the game and loading a save with the invisible cake fixes it.

Been troubleshooting some mods, have restarted a few times, and I've only seen this issue one time. Could be script/animation fart.

InsanePlumber

Post by InsanePlumber » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:32 pm

Been troubleshooting some mods, have restarted a few times, and I've only seen this issue one time. Could be script/animation fart.
Solution.
If you want to do something do it right or do not do it at all.
I always say or write what I think.
Well, but political correctness?
I'm not a politician...
I am human.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:06 pm

It's an ongoing issue with the cake, we've tried to fix it multiple times. Something is wrong with how the destruction stages or animations work. It's also a bug in Fallout 3 vanilla.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:13 am

For what it's worth, I would get the cake disappearing in older versions of TTW from time to time, but I haven't had that problem in TTW 3.3 yet.
Signature: