Uninstall 3.2.1 and 3.2.2

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Camellias

Uninstall 3.2.1 and 3.2.2

Post by Camellias » Sun May 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi, I was wondering how I would uninstall just patches 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 of Tale of Two Wastelands. Mostly because I really, really dislike the fact that 3.2.1 sets the Microwave Emitter to use Mesmetron Power Cells, and labeling it as a bug, even though literally no where does it say that the Microwave Emitter was supposed to use Mesmetron Power Cells.

RoyBatty

Re: Uninstall 3.2.1 and 3.2.2

Post by RoyBatty » Mon May 06, 2019 4:06 am

The animation and the model uses mesmetron power cells, they are not microfusion cells. This was also for balance reasons because mesmetron cells have no MC/OC versions. The DT/DR bypassing was fixed in TTW it does *not* work in vanilla Fallout 3 or vanilla New Vegas (It was broken in Fallout 3 patch 1.4 and carried to New Vegas). A schematic is also provided to convert small energy cells to mesmetron cells, it's on the workbench so ammo isn't a problem after completing Point Lookout.

If you just HAVE to have it use microfusion cells again, it's a 2 second edit in FNVEdit. Just copy the microwave emitter weapon form from TTW into a new plugin and change the Ammo to the microfusion cell ammo list.

Please try not to overreact about such things without any consideration as to why they are changed.

Camellias

Post by Camellias » Mon May 06, 2019 11:42 am

Huh, didn't know that was a thing.

Though there is something else I found out about after posting this that's a mild annoyance. Items that have no weight are treated like items that have weight when trying to take them from, or place them into, other inventories (i.e. ammo that is a stack of 5 or less has to be taken out one at a time, and ammo that is a stack of 6 or more brings up the "How Many Do You Want To Transfer" screen). Makes looting take a bit longer, as I have to slow myself down when grabbing stuff, just so I don't accidentally grab everything in the corpse, and end up with a ton of coffee mugs, or guns that I have no need for. Would that be as simple to fix?

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Mon May 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Hold shift to take/put a whole stack, hold control to take/put only 1.