Super mutants can't equip weapons

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
FiftyTifty

Super mutants can't equip weapons

Post by FiftyTifty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:51 pm

This is a fairly bizarre bug:
SpoilerShow
For some reason, the super mutants that spawn outside the Super Duper Mart (Super Mutant Overlord & Super Mutant Master) can't equip their weapons. The super mutant on the right has a missile launcher, and the one of the left has a laser gatling gun. Both of which have the [CANNOT EQUIP] warning.

Load order:
SpoilerShow
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
TaleofTwoWastelands.esm
YUPTTW.esm
PipboyRemover.esm
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FyTy - TTW Tweaks.esp
outsidebets.esp
Motion Sickness Reduction Mod.esp
OldWorldRadio.esp
TTW - Truly Cooked Food.esp
TTW - Oven Cooking.esp
TTW - Fellout.esp
RealSmokes.esp
LightUpAndSmokeThoseCigarettes_edisleado.esp
AnimatedIngestibles_0_5.esp
Root 'n Loot.esp
FyTy - Damage Overhaul.esp
FNVLODGen.esp
tmzLODadditions.esp
LimestoneLOD.esp
MuchNeededLOD.esp
The only mode I have that could affect those NPCs, is my damage overhaul. I'm going to go through it and see if anything's funky.

Edit: So I went and resolved all the conflicts with my mod's CREA records and TTW, including the super mutants. Now they can equip and use gatling lasers, but cannot use grenade launchers. How do I change the weapons usable by a CREA NPC?

Edit2: They also cannot use grenades, which is bizarre.

Edit3: Yep, for some reason, the weapon lists were missing in my mod. Dunno how that happened, but it's super easy to fix. Thread can be deleted.

bozak

Re: Super mutants can't equip weapons

Post by bozak » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:47 am

hello yeah i have the same problem can you help i really can play the game like that, they just rush me with no guns just fists and yes i find guns in them when they die.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 am

bozak wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:47 am
hello yeah i have the same problem can you help i really can play the game like that, they just rush me with no guns just fists and yes i find guns in them when they die.
You will have to find out which mod(s) alter the TTW Super Mutant Weapon Lists, and edit it to include/use them.
:?

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm

The CREA records themselves have an element that uses a list to determine the weapons they can equip. You'll need to load up FNVEdit and check out the super mutant records.