Suggestion: No Weakness/Almost Perfect

Have something to say about Tale of Two Wastelands or have an idea for a new feature? Let us know here.
Kameraden

Suggestion: No Weakness/Almost Perfect

Post by Kameraden » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Well I officially decided to play TTW without getting either of these perks as they're kinda semi cheating, and make planning characters, and character builds generally pointless, something I found interesting/fun on Fallout New Vegas, but Fallout 3 really didn't have because of these Broken Perks. I say Broken intentionally as well as they make any perk that increases SPECIAL pretty much pointless, including a lot of perks you earn later in the game including from Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road, let alone Grayditch's Ant Might/Sight Perk. They also make getting the Implants pointless on top of that.

I know the option of "Not" Selecting these Perks is a valid argument. However, perhaps having an "Optional" similar to other "Optional MCM" addons would be a nice touch for people who do not want the "Temptation."

So Far I held Fast this play through and I've enjoyed it thus far. I have reasons to Pick up SPECIAL bobbleheads early on as well when I run into them going "Ooh." Instead of breaking immersion waiting until after I hit lvl 30.

I also noticed that if I do not get these Perks, it's actually impossible to get 10 in every SPECIAL category without using clothing/items or using Specific Traits like Four Eyes and Small Frame.

Getting those two Traits on top of all 10 Intense Training + Bobble Heads + Implants + Quest Perks actually add up perfectly if done right to 10 in every single category without using clothing/gear. Which is kind of a funny Unintentional Coincidence.

However, if someone uses the Optional to Disable the Benefits of the Bob... well Change the Benefits of the Bobbleheads, this will be an impossibility. So......

Suggestion Being:

Rebalancing the Perks and make them function similar to Intense Training. But with more Perk Points instead of just 1. Say No Weakness Provides 3 Perk Points, while Almost Perfect Provides 4. Equaling the missing 7 you would of gotten from the Bobbleheads, allowing someone who gets Four Eyes, and Light Frame the chance to still achieve a Perfect 10 Across the Board. You could provide conditions like No Weakness Requiring Rank 8 Intense Training or Higher to get, while Almost Perfect would Require No Weakness to get. Basically meaning these Perks will only be accessible for people literally going for Perfect SPECIALs.

Though my calculations could be wrong. But when I was pad and papering SPECIALs and all Perks/Traits that provide Specials (including Implants/Bobbleheads) I did come out with a Perfect 10 Across the board, if you spread them out accordingly. That being said, if this is correct, that means it's a plausible solution to these Over powered Perks.

"You are only lost if you give up on yourself." Hans-Ulrich Rudel

RoyBatty

Re: Suggestion: No Weakness/Almost Perfect

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:34 am

In 3.2 there are no optionals, no MCM. 3.3 update will have an ini file to enable/disable certain things, and temporary esps to enable/disable these features.

Bobblehead rebalance are integrated, only exception now is Charsima, which will work like it did in F1/2 and control how many companions you can hire, but is not yet implemented. They no longer give bonuses to SPECIAL or skills.

The perks will not be disabled, however someone is free to make whatever mods they like to balance the game how they like. Disabling perks is a simple operation in FNVEdit.

The implants are just as cheaty as the perks and quest rewards, I see no difference.

Patient No.6

Post by Patient No.6 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:58 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:34 am
The implants are just as cheaty as the perks and quest rewards, I see no difference.
How about some “quirks” like Wasteland 2 ?Like eh…… A crippled Sniper ; or A guy who fear of needles can only get HP recovery(triple the number) from food ; A Barbarian good at melee weapon but cannot read books or magazines。
Chinese Fallout Fan,Please Excuse me for my poor poor English。

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:08 am

That's a cool idea for a mod, I had the same idea when I played Wasteland 2.