TTW's Public Dev Log

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
darthbdaman
Gary

Reality doesn't factor into

Post by darthbdaman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:08 am

Reality doesn't factor into it that much. Feel is what matters. That's obviously very subjective, but FO3 has a specific feeling, and the 357 and the Service Rifle don't match it. Again, that's subjective, and everyone won't agree with it (IO don't necessarily agree with all of it), but the ultimate goal is achieving something that incorporates NV's enhancements, without compromising the experience of 3.

EnderDragonFire

I know "feels" is subjective,

Post by EnderDragonFire » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:01 am

I know "feels" is subjective, which I why I said there would be controversy. There has been controversy before about which NV weapons belong in DC and which one's don't. My opinion does not really matter on the subject. I am just putting my 2 cents in, in case the TTW team is interested in feedback. Although I do feel that this discussion is sort of taking over this thread, and might not really be on topic anymore. If any of the TTW dev's want this discussion to stop I am happy to comply. 

"Who are you, who do not know your history?"

darious24555

What's the end goal for 3.0?

Post by darious24555 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:53 pm

What's the end goal for 3.0? You guys just combing through it in the GECK and FNVEdit untill you can't find any more problems?

rockitten

Well, if those wasteland

Post by rockitten » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:51 am

Well, if those wasteland survival guide can ended up in west coast, I can't see why some NCR service rifle ended up in east coast impossible, either by scavenging from dead NCR troops or by some jet-addic quartermaster(s) and it may ended-up anywhere. Afterall, comparing with those 200+ years old pre-war weapons, which their parts/quality and availability will be depleting overtime, those are the "new guns" manufactured after the great war should have a higher availability.

The one I am more interested would be those from Honest Hearts. I would like to have them early.

Risewild

TTW deals with the Wasteland

Post by Risewild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:25 am

TTW deals with the Wasteland Survival Guide on the West Coast by replacing them with Scout Handbooks (like in older Fallout games).

Signature:

RoyBatty

"Feel" is very very specific

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:35 pm

"Feel" is very very specific here. As in we play Fallout 3 and compare it with TTW and adjust stuff until it "feels" roughly the same with NV mechanics such as DT and expanded ammo.

darious24555

Maybe you can replace the 357

Post by darious24555 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Maybe you can replace the 357 magnum with the 45 auto, I think it would fit DC well.

Does the Marksman Carbine count as an NCR weapon? I think it'd be a good fill in for the lack of an AR platform in DC, since the service rifle is out.

RoyBatty

This isn't a suggestions and

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:49 pm

This isn't a suggestions and requests thread, please take that to the appropriate topic/sub.

EnderDragonFire

I really opened a can of

Post by EnderDragonFire » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:45 am

I really opened a can of worms didn't I Roy? I really did not know that THIS thread would be the place where the controvery happened, or I would have kept my mouth shut and waited for the update to go live. Sorry. sad

"Who are you, who do not know your history?"

Risewild

EnderDragonFire wrote:

Post by Risewild » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:44 am

[quote=EnderDragonFire]

I really opened a can of worms didn't I Roy? I really did not know that THIS thread would be the place where the controvery happened, or I would have kept my mouth shut and waited for the update to go live. Sorry. 

[/quote]

No need to apologize. The team likes suggestions, what Roy means is that suggestions should go into the right thread for it so it doesn't clog this thread and because the suggestions will have more visibility there wink.

You guys can go crazy ( laugh ) with suggestions in this subforum:

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/forums/tale-two-wastelands-suggestions-questions-and-feedback

Signature: