TTW Vanilla Bug-Fix Add-on

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
yukichigai

rbroab wrote:

Post by yukichigai » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:20 pm

[quote=rbroab]

Good call paragonskeep. I remember that random creatures spawn outside of Regulators HQ and if you didn't kill them, Sonoma would run away never to return.

Also, I've heard of Lucy West getting in an argument or fight with Jericho and leaving Megaton. Don't know the specifics, but I know she eventually disappeared from my game.

[/quote]

There's terrain glitches in Megaton, especially with regards to the game's low-level processing.  I believe FNV's engine improvements address that for the most part, but the easiest fix is to just have a scriptblock that tracks the position of all of Megaton's residents whenever you enter or leave the cell.  If they're detected below terrain level, have them moved up to a "safe marker".

Ein

The Fall's Church BoS members

Post by Ein » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:34 am

The Fall's Church BoS members teleporting to you when you wait/sleep IS a vanilla issue. It's been there since Fallout 3 launched. http://www.falloutwiki.com/Paladin_Hoss Look down at the list of bugs. Part of the reason it was fixed in the first place is because they would sandbox in your house and steal stuff from containers.

Bashis

how bout the simple bug that

Post by Bashis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:26 am

how bout the simple bug that the pitt's meshes are broke as hell, even playing on console i fell through floors dozens of times collecting those ingots and had to reload the game from dashboard for over an hour so untill the floors out in the scrapyard would load properly, not talking about out of the way places, the grounds broken right under some of those 100 ingots you need to collect for that old achievment. i dont have specific locations but i know it was never fixed, a quick youtube search probably will result in dozens of videos about it.

here straight form the wiki:

Terrain Glitches

It is a possibility that after downloading or re-downloading The Pitt that areas within the Steel Mill will de-solidify allowing the player to get outside the area of the map with ease, though when getting higher in the Steel Mill, it becomes impossible with the loss of footing higher up making certain ingots impossible to locate. This error does not correct itself nor does it change upon starting the game over or reloading a save. The only way to fix this problem is to replace your Pitt download. (On the Xbox leaving the area and re-entering and re-loading may suffice)

A popular example is that the wall directly to the right (behind a generator and yellow light stand) when you enter the steel mill is not solid and allows the PC to be in the building of the Supply Plant from the outside as it is hollow. Also, it is possible to shoot trogs from the inside where they cannot hit you.

At the Bridge you encounter at the start, if you jump onto the rocks below and start getting irradiated, then quickly fast-traveling back up, the Bridge will be un-cross able. This is because after fast traveling, it Registers the Bridge as the rocks, making the Bridge extremely irradiated. Attempting to cross the Bridge will kill you, because the Bridge now has the Radiation levels that the water has.

JaxFirehart

I did that on purpose, I

Post by JaxFirehart » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:49 pm

I did that on purpose, I actually need to change the text in the challenge to be non-worldspace specific.

TJ

JaxFirehart wrote:I did that

Post by TJ » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 pm

[quote=JaxFirehart]

I did that on purpose, I actually need to change the text in the challenge to be non-worldspace specific.

[/quote]
Was just gonna suggest that. You're on point as always jax.

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

rbroab

I've been playing OWB. The

Post by rbroab » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:09 am

I've been playing OWB. The fully upgraded Mk II Stealth Suit gives no 20% speed increase. The wiki verified it.

Raising the bomber from the bottom of the lake is just overall buggy. Playing with no mods, I had many CTD throughout the process of swimming to the bottom, attaching the ballasts, swimming back, and detonating.

I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

Blazefan

One of the NV patches caused

Post by Blazefan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:21 pm

One of the NV patches caused a bug where, if you complete Heartache By The Number by turning the evidence, the Van Graffs are permanently hostile towards you afterwards. It'd be nice to see this fixed, cause this bug makes the peaceful solution kind of pointless.

rbroab

I'm pretty sure they're

Post by rbroab » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:54 pm

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be hostile. You worked with the person they wanted killed and turned them in. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I was siding with the Legion and Lee Oliver could not be killed. Not through gameplay, or console. Only way around was the speech challenge. And after that, I got a CTD right before the credits rolled

Blazefan

I don't think it's supposed

Post by Blazefan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:00 am

I don't think it's supposed to be that way, myself. Mainly because it makes the peaceful solution pointless. You have to kill 'em on sight either way, so it makes the choice redundant. Also, if it were intentional, one would think the Crimson Caravan faction would be hostile as well.

Maybe it is one of those actions have consequences deals, I suppose. It's just always felt like a bug to me.

rbroab

@sandwichsandwich the first

Post by rbroab » Wed May 01, 2013 11:36 pm

@sandwichsandwich the first problem sounds like mod conflicts, unless you weren't running any. I just ran through OWB (my favorite DLC) and I went everywhere and went through everything. Never had a single CTD.

Also, I'm not sure what you're referring to with the dialog loop. I try and go through each and every option for the sake of testing, but didn't have any issue with speaking to pc brain. More detail?

I think everyone looks at exploits differently. Most of the time I think they should be removed. Things like stacking up effects, the ability to run through character speech challenges over and over, and vendor selling/repair should be taken out. That's just my opinion though, don't see the fun in it. But I don't want it removed just for my sake, especially if it's something that other players use/enjoy.