TTW 2.9.3 Released

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
TJ

jaassu wrote:TTW XP reduction

Post by TJ » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 pm

[quote=jaassu]TTW XP reduction in TTWOptions.esp seems to behave bit differently on this version. I am getting more xp with this compared to previous version.[/quote]

Should work exactly the same, all that's changed is that the delivery script is rolled into the MCM script. I'll check to make sure it's giving the perk properly though.

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

AnvilOfWar

Thank you again for all the

Post by AnvilOfWar » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:31 am

Thank you again for all the hard work TTW Team.

I can also confirm the slowness of the MCM menu, however since Roy mentioned that's known you guys are on top of it no doubt.

I will keep an eye out for anything strange. So far I haven't encountered anything yet.

A question though is the "MCM" menu option just an option and you still need MCM itself too run it? or is it similar to PN that has its own mini MCM menu, and one can overwrite it with the full thing? If one didnt have/or wanted to run the game stand-alone? (I didn't check, because I did a full modded install from the start.)

Richie5572

Awesome thanks TTW team!! You

Post by Richie5572 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:46 am

Awesome thanks TTW team!! You should have went with the joke! 

TJ

AnvilOfWar wrote:

Post by TJ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:36 pm

[quote=AnvilOfWar]

A question though is the "MCM" menu option just an option and you still need MCM itself too run it? or is it similar to PN that has its own mini MCM menu, and one can overwrite it with the full thing? If one didnt have/or wanted to run the game stand-alone? (I didn't check, because I did a full modded install from the start.)

[/quote]

With the MCM Optionals file, you've got two options: Have MCM installed, or edit the globals in TTW.esm. 

• SMRebalance

• XPReduction

• MoreCooking

• BobbleHeadOverhaul

Those are just from memory, but it should be pretty close to that. 0 is off, 1 is on. You could easily make a patch for the globals setting them up the way you want.

jaassu

If those features won't work

Post by jaassu » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:52 pm

If those features won't work without MCM, it should probably mentioned in the installation instructions. I feel that it would be preferable that those features are automatically activated when esp is active, because those who do not want the features can just leave Optionals.esp out.

[quote=TJ]

AnvilOfWar wrote:

With the MCM Optionals file, you've got two options: Have MCM installed, or edit the globals in TTW.esm. 

• SMRebalance

• XPReduction

• MoreCooking

• BobbleHeadOverhaul

Those are just from memory, but it should be pretty close to that. 0 is off, 1 is on. You could easily make a patch for the globals setting them up the way you want.

[/quote]

TJ

The problem with that is what

Post by TJ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:13 pm

The problem with that is what if I want BobbleHeads and XP Reduction, but not MoreCooking or SMRebalance?

Like I said, it's simple to make a patch talored to specifically what you want, and it doesn't even have to have the MCM file as a master. The file will have to be present for it to work, but you don't need MCM. I'll make a template patch after I get 2.9.4 released (more bugfixes yay) but I'm not going to be doing that every time we change the MCM. Instead I'll tell you guys what the Globals are and someone else can make the patch. We've got alot planned for the MCM file in the future so I wont be able to keep up with the patch myself.

Again, All features DO work without the MCM, but you either need to have a patch file + TTW Options, or TTW options and MCM. One release ago this was 4 seperate files, now it requires 2 maximum. Most people use MCM anyway. Is that really a bad thing?

Example Optionals patch file is in the 2.9.4 thread. I'm closing this thread for the sake of sanity.