TTW 2.8.1 Released

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
Galliano

Thanks for the update!

Post by Galliano » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Thanks for the update!

Just for your information. The new installer still changes the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout3 -> installed path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Falloutnv -> installed path

Please change this in future releases.

I have 2 folders only for my TTW Installer "E:\Fallout NV (Vanilla)" and "E:\Fallout 3 (Vanilla)". I use them everytime I want to create a new fomod for/with TTW. The Fallout 3 (Vanilla) folder contains the english version with german BSA files, german videos etc. Thats why I need a separate folder.

But after the installation my exe-files (nvse_loader, fnv4gb etc.) in the correct Fallout NV folder (with mods etc) are starting the game under "E:\Fallout NV (Vanilla)" because of wrong registry. I fixed this manually.

Is there a need to adjust the registy within the installer?

btw. if interested my install log with known errors: http://pastebin.com/JDK7ynTh

RoyBatty

It might break TQL to use FCO

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:23 pm

It might break TQL to use FCO, don't know as I don't think anyone has reported any issues yet.

@Galliano Yup, I found out first I think and reported. :D

Galliano

Yeah, we've talked about that

Post by Galliano » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Yeah, we've talked about that in the chat after 2.7.3a release after I found out the registry-issue with the installer and reported it to you. So i thought it was fixed in this version. But ok, maybe next version. ;) I just want to mention it.

Thx for all the hard work! yes

anstand

You guys are awesome!

Post by anstand » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:58 am

You guys are awesome!

Puppettron
Gary

when the next update is done,

Post by Puppettron » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:48 am

when the next update is done, it'll be done.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

tizerist

2.8.1 still has duplicate

Post by tizerist » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:29 pm

2.8.1 still has duplicate trees. West of v101. Confirmed by sesom.

Apart from that, excellent and smooth all round.

garlicred

TJ, maybe you'll include TTW

Post by garlicred » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:11 am

TJ, maybe you'll include TTW version inside .esm on next release (as global variable for instance)? I wanted to check for TTW version in my mod so player doesn't report bug which may happen because of old TTW version.

Also another issue - can you make reliable way to check if player is in Mojave or CitadelDC? Global variable is not reliable because player can do "coc Goodsprings" but variable will stay the same.

JaxFirehart

My GECK is wrecked at the

Post by JaxFirehart » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:11 pm

My GECK is wrecked at the moment, could another team member/moderator explain to garlicred how to use the TTW_Functions to check for worldspace, I don't remember off the top of my head.

And we really do need to have a version check variable, would be worth adding.

RoyBatty

bInDCWasteland and

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 am

bInDCWasteland and bInNVWasteland are the two variables (not sure why it's not a toggle).

SetStage TTWFunctions 250 should do a worldspace check.

JaxFirehart

Naw, Gribs souped it up, it

Post by JaxFirehart » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:10 am

Naw, Gribs souped it up, it uses a bitfield to indicate exactly which wasteland you are in, including DLCs. The reason it wasn't a single toggle was because I wanted to keep options open for other booleans, like bInZion or bInThePitt, to be more specific. Gribble's bitfield is the better option if you want to use NVSE.

I just don't remember exactly how it is set up, so can't explain to someone else how to use it.