Companion Overhaul Prerelease

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
RoyBatty

Thenryb: Well try them now,

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:50 am

Thenryb: Well try them now, that's what this update addresses.

Bizzquik

Wait, really?  So there's

Post by Bizzquik » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:19 am

Bizzquik wrote:

I really believe the Fallout: New Vegas companions are far more interesting than their Fallout 3 counterparts, so being able to take characters back and forth across both landmasses adds yet another dimension to Tale of Two Wastelands.

[quote=TJ]

You are aware that that has been possible all along, right? This adds fire locations for each companion in the opposite wasteland of where they belong, among other things. NV Companions could always come with you to DC though.

[/quote]

Wait, really?  So there's zero reason I should be hauling Jericho's sorry butt all over DC...?

I want to be different, just like everyone else.

Lyndi

Bizzquik wrote:

Post by Lyndi » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:31 am

[quote=Bizzquik]

Bizzquik wrote:

I really believe the Fallout: New Vegas companions are far more interesting than their Fallout 3 counterparts, so being able to take characters back and forth across both landmasses adds yet another dimension to Tale of Two Wastelands.

TJ wrote:

You are aware that that has been possible all along, right? This adds fire locations for each companion in the opposite wasteland of where they belong, among other things. NV Companions could always come with you to DC though.

Wait, really?  So there's zero reason I should be hauling Jericho's sorry butt all over DC...?

[/quote]

Pretty much. You can take the DC followers wherever you want in NV or bring the NV followers back with you to DC. The only catch was that when you dismissed them they would go back to their original wasteland home unless you were using a mod that would let you send them to Megaton or the Lucky 38 or something.

RoyBatty

This update has a lot more

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:03 am

This update has a lot more than that added to it also.

The FO3 companions have unique perks, complete wheel support, hardcore support, lots of bug fixes.

A lot of work and testing when into this.

Lyndi

RoyBatty wrote:

Post by Lyndi » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:25 pm

[quote=RoyBatty]

This update has a lot more than that added to it also.

The FO3 companions have unique perks, complete wheel support, hardcore support, lots of bug fixes.

A lot of work and testing when into this.

[/quote]

I can't wait to give it a go. :)

You guys always do awesome work. Hopefully when spring break rolls around I'll have time to try this out.

Damianwolff

How  much health is Dogmeat

Post by Damianwolff » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:20 pm

How  much health is Dogmeat meant to have?

He had over a thousand before I installed the mod (and it was one of the few things that saved him in combat, all things considered, and he has a bit over 300 now. This, with no DT and BLEED installed, makes him truly a mayfly in combat.

RoyBatty

The companions are now

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:05 pm

The companions are now balanced the same as the New Vegas companions are. So Dogmeat, Fawkes and RL-3 no longer have ridiculous levels of health (in Fawkes case over 9000!). Using your companions as the primary method of dealing with enemies and also as meat shields are bugs, be careful with them in Hardcore like you would be with NV ones.

It is compatible with JIP CC&C if you desire to make them immortal.

darthbdaman
Gary

The facegen data was edited

Post by darthbdaman » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:30 pm

The facegen data was edited for a bunch of companions. Is that intentional?

RL3 isn't given companion ammo

Ed-E Should be set to flies

YUP edits the package files for the new vegas companions. You might want to include those fixes

RoyBatty

Have I mentioned how much I

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:15 am

Have I mentioned how much I hate GECK's random editing today?

There's no facegen changes, must be your esm.

I'm not carrying anything forward for NV companions from YUP or anything else, I only touched what was breaking shit and it will be separated out to an optional plugin anyways.

Set base ED-E to flies.

Reverted RL-3's weapon ammo back to robot ammo like it should be.

Will upload both versions in a bit.

rockitten

By the way, is it too late

Post by rockitten » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:13 am

By the way, is it too late now if I would like to suggest adding "removable/player usable" companion clothes into this overhaul?

-

I just want to see veronica's hair without console