Companion Overhaul Prerelease

What's new and upcoming in Tale of Two Wastelands? Find out here.
RoyBatty

Well everything has been

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:12 am

Well everything has been tested extensively by Risewild, including firing all followers in both wastelands. Any mods that alter vanilla companions are going to need to be updated to have a patch for this when it's integrated. The Fallout 3 companion stuff will be in TTW itself, while the NV stuff will be an optional plugin.

We're not interested if it works or not with other mods, that's on those mods to address. TTW stuff is built to be used stand alone (think vanilla). The only bugs that were "fixed" were ones that were either making it difficult to get everything working inside the framework, or because they were just dumb and easy to fix. The latter ones may end up getting removed since they don't affect how the dialogues/wheel work. They've been included as of now because I felt like doing them, and they were easy things to fix, and have little chance of interfering with other mods.

rockitten

RoyBatty wrote:

Post by rockitten » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:51 am

[quote=RoyBatty]

Here's a requested No Karma version, you just need this. The No Karma optional is not required.

[/quote]

Test it on Jericho with my "good guy" PC, can't recruit him, so it seems the no karma bit is not working but is onay with the original TTW no karma plugin (or, some mod conflict on my side) .

RoyBatty

Here's a requested No Karma

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:43 am

Here's a requested No Karma version, you just need this. The No Karma optional is not required.

rockitten

RoyBatty wrote:

Post by rockitten » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:02 pm

[quote=RoyBatty]

Should be able to hire Jericho now with the no karma version.

[/quote]

A quick test on a clean save (new play through) with no other mods (except ttw and anti crash), fast traveled to Megatown and paradise fall, test outcome: negative, cannot recruit Jericho and Clover (the dialog option to buy his body guard does not show up). However, everything works fine with the origional TTW no karma mod.

Have not test on Paladine Star and Fawkes yet as it need to complete some quest first.

RoyBatty

Something else must be

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Can't fix it, FNVEdit bugs and either A) doesn't copy the records, or B) closes when I try.

RoyBatty

Should be able to hire

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Should be able to hire Jericho now with the no karma version.

RoyBatty

Good ole Sort Info problem

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:01 pm

Good ole Sort Info problem again (thanks zilav, I should remember that by now)... should have it fixed and working here now.

Bizzquik

I'm excited for this pre

Post by Bizzquik » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:13 am

I'm excited for this pre-release!

I really believe the Fallout: New Vegas companions are far more interesting than their Fallout 3 counterparts, so being able to take characters back and forth across both landmasses adds yet another dimension to Tale of Two Wastelands.

This is a huge accomplishment!

I want to be different, just like everyone else.

TJ

Bizzquik wrote:I really

Post by TJ » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

[quote=Bizzquik]I really believe the Fallout: New Vegas companions are far more interesting than their Fallout 3 counterparts, so being able to take characters back and forth across both landmasses adds yet another dimension to Tale of Two Wastelands.[/quote]

You are aware that that has been possible all along, right? This adds fire locations for each companion in the opposite wasteland of where they belong, among other things. NV Companions could always come with you to DC though.

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

Thenryb

TJ wrote:

Post by Thenryb » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:52 am

[quote=TJ]

Bizzquik wrote:

I really believe the Fallout: New Vegas companions are far more interesting than their Fallout 3 counterparts, so being able to take characters back and forth across both landmasses adds yet another dimension to Tale of Two Wastelands.

You are aware that that has been possible all along, right? This adds fire locations for each companion in the opposite wasteland of where they belong, among other things. NV Companions could always come with you to DC though.

[/quote]

Right. And FO3 companions have always been able to come with you to the Mojave. However, imo F03 vanilla companions are so bad I never bother to recruit them.

My computer specs are too embarrassing to reveal, but the game still runs.