This mod needs the MOST RECENT version of NVSE
Download link: Nexus
Introducing the Vending Machines of the Wastes, a mod that brings vending machines to life. No more are they dead hulks left over from a bygone era of wealth and prosperity. Vending machines of all types have been given a new life!
Vending Machines of the Wastes includes:
- The one and only Ammo Vending Machine, predecessor to VMW.
- Working Nuka-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla machines.
- A Weapon Mod vending machine (different from WMVM, but with the same function).
- Magazine vending machines that will actually vend magazines once every three days. See what you get before you buy.
- Eat'o'tronic machines now function, though in the vanilla game they do nothing. More below.
- The brand new Weapon Vending Machine featured by the Gun Runners. You have to use it to believe it!
For locations and other information, see the read-me.
Ammo V ending Machine:
The Ammo Vending Machine requires that you equip the weapon for which you want ammo. That's about the only requirement, that and lots and lots of caps. You'll be paying a hefty 4x premium for the semi-convenience of purchasing any type of ammo. The Ammo Vending Machine does not however, stock very exotic ammo types. You will be unable to purchase ammo for the Euclid's C-Finder.
Nuka-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla Machines:
These old prewar machines are amazingly still operational, usually. Unless previously tampered with, these machines usually still function, though they're running a bit low on stock. Now when activating a soda machine you are given a prompt to purchase a drink (for prewar money). You can always just pick the locks on the things though. Once they're out they're out. You're buying the existing stock. However, it's still worth cracking them open as sometimes there are caps and other goodies inside.
Weapon Mod Vending Machine:
The weapon mod vending machine in VMW is functionally identical to the one in WMVM, just written by me instead. No real reason except that I wanted one in my mod. Currently only one machine exists in the Mojave area, located at the Gun Runners Compound.
Magazine Vending Machines:
Magazine machines now sell magazines (any type) for 3x the base price. These prewar machines have been modified to accept payment in caps for the convenience of strip patrons. As well as the normal inventory, they also have a "daily special" visible behind the glass available for a discounted price (half price).
These prewar machines were common in areas with a lot of foot traffic. They sold common goods like snacks, Mentats, and in rare cases Stimpaks. There are very few left in the Mojave area, and all of those were ransacked long ago for their wares. This part of the mod will only do anything for those who use TTW and are in the Capital Wasteland. However, all of the machines have built in computers that are still functional and can be hacked.
Weapon Vending Machine:
Finally, the main show, the reason for why you should even consider this mod! The weapon vending machine is a brand new, fully scripted and quite amazing device. It is capable of selling nearly every weapon in the game, including all DLC and those added by mods* (assuming the mod is made correctly). The weapon list is in categories, broken down by type and skill of the weapons, as well as DLC and mods where applicable. The machine will not sell unique, cheat, or dev weapons.
See the readme (linked above) for more details.
Vending Machines of the Wastes is the successor to Ammo Vending Machine (and replaces it). This mod includes all of the features in AVM, and should probably not be used along side it, though nothing bad will happen if you do.
* The WVM uses a whole bunch of base lists that hold all different types of weapons. If a mod adds its weapons to these lists, it'll appear in the WVM. If you do not see your favorite mod's weapons, talk to the mod author about fixing their mod.
- Occasionally a magazine will fall through the world and disappear. The machines reset every day, so check back the next day.
- The Nuka and Sarsaparilla machines are broken. This was a mistake in the script that breaks them. Updating to 2.1 with a clean save will fix the issue.
- Because of the way the WVM finds weapons, it will display uniques from mods that are not supported. Leave a comment with a mod and a link to it, and I will work on patching it to work.