After receiving permission, I have made a conversion of a hot file on the Fallout 3 Nexus site called UCO - Urban Combat Overhaul which can be found here: http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/19129/ The mod was created by jrod1311 and all credits go to him. If you use this mod and like it, head on over to the FO3 nexus and ENDORSE! (You'll have to download at least one of files on that page and wait an hour though before you can endorse. So if you download here, save some time and head on over and download a file there so you can endorse later ;) )
You can find out alot about what the mod does on the Nexus site, but I'll give you some highlights.
- Bigger bases for raiders and Talon Company Mercs
- More walls and stuff for cover and even a few places where you can access rooftops
- The UCO-FOB adds Foward Operating Bases, basically a mini scout base for raiders or Talon Company Mercs
- More enemies (only raiders and Talon Company Mercs, as far as I'm aware, at their modified bases)
- An esp. for even MORE enemies (again, only raiders and Talon Company Mercs at their modified bases)
A few things you should know:
- Mod author designed this FO3 mod with FWE in mind, so for TTW users, I recommend Project Nevada Rebalance
- Each UCO esp file REQUIRES the UCO-UrbanCombatOverhaul.esm
- The esp that adds more enemies may cause game instability depending on how powerful your pc is. I tested it, and it adds quite a few enemies (at least a dozen raiders at the Super Duper Mart if not more with all esps active)
- This mod was converted using Chucksteel's guide found here: http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/official-ttw-modding-tutorials and the conversion scripts found here (first post):http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttw-20-out
- Since I am no pro mod converter, it is very possible there are bugs/glitches. In fact I encountered a few, but I was playing with a good bunch of mods, so keep that in mind. I'll post the bugs I experienced further down in case others can confirm them.
- I have NOT tested every modded area for bugs/glitches. Currently, I am not testing this mod, but if you would like to post your results, go right ahead. I'll need confirmation from other people though before I'll contact jrod1311 about it.
My reason for converting this mod was because I wanted more enemies. That's it. The added bases and cover to different areas, however, are pretty damn cool AND useful. Enemies will use cover, so you better too.
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: Extract the attached ESM and ESPs files into your Data folder where you installed New Vegas. Use a Mod Manager and activate the ESM (MANDATORY) and whichever esps you want. Make sure the UCO-UrbanCombatOverhaul.ESM is below the TaleofTwoWastelands.ESM in your load order. I recommend activating everything BUT the More Enemies esp to try out the mod. You do not need any resources from the original mod on its page. That being said, you should still head over to this page to get mod info and to endorse: http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/19129/
Finally, ALL CREDITS GO TO jrod1311. I cannot stress this enough. He made the mod, I simply converted it to run with TTW. AGAIN, If you use this mod and like it, head on over to the FO3 nexus and ENDORSE! (You'll have to download at least one of files on that page and wait an hour though before you can endorse. So if you download here, save some time and head on over and download a file there so you can endorse later ;) )
Oh and please let me know if something's wrong with the file I uploaded. I put it in a rar format so I wouldn't have to upload each esp and the esm separately.
- One of the rooftops, I could not activate the door/manhole cover to get back down.
- On that same rooftop there was a sniper rifle. As soon as I got close to it, it fell straight through into the building. I toggled TCL and went into the building and was able to pick it up. I did not fall through the section of the roof the rifle did, so possibly just an bug in my game.
- With lots of enemies, sometimes they just run into a wall, get stuck in a wall, teleport through walls, or run through walls. This happened alot at the Super Duper Mart. I believe it may be a vanilla game bug however.