Pages

479 posts / 0 new
Last post
ElectricaVulpes
ElectricaVulpes's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 06/29/2017 - 12:26
Karma: 18
I think Nurse Graves should


I think Nurse Graves should be a merchant that sells alot of anti-rads and only a little bit of other meds since the ghouls would need the chems and stims, but wouldn't need the anti-rads.

RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
Nurse Graves is not a vendor

Nurse Graves is not a vendor nor was she ever intended to be a vendor. The wiki is wrong, FWE made her into a vendor. Her lines specifically tell you to talk to Dr Barrows, and that they only take caps.

You can get endless Rad-Away already from Winthrop by trading scrap metal for it.

jlf65
jlf65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2016 - 14:10
Karma: 710
RoyBatty wrote:Yes it is.

RoyBatty wrote:

Yes it is.

Oh THANK GOD!! It's finally worth it to get the Rockets Red Glare and all upgrades in LR. I did that ONCE and the damn thing couldn't kill a bloatfly because of that damn bug!! I tried a number of the "fixes" on Nexus, but none ever worked right for me. Figures that it would take JIP to fix. Pass my thanks on to whomever fixed this.

Risewild
Risewild's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2012 - 02:14
Karma: 3203
Vex wrote:

Vex wrote:

 

Nurse Graves In Underworld should be a merchant (that sells medicine)

read the notes on this page (i dont know if you guys already did this, but she dont sell to me in my game)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Graves

That is not a bug, she was never set up as a merchant in FO3, she has no merchant inventory or anything. Basically, she is set up like any other not merchant NPC in the game.

The game has a lot of dialogue that doesn't match with the actual game.

For example:

The Megaton Water Processing Plant is not a water purifier and Walter still calls it a purifier (if it was a purifier then why is it necessary to use a GECK to make a purifier as the main objective and a life long project of a bunch of genius scientists, why can't Rivet City build a purifier too, why are all the water sources in Megaton still irradiated, why does Megaton need Aqua Pura shipments and why would they get so angry about a shipment delay, etc).

Sticky in Little Lamplight says everyone is kicked out when they turn 18, but everyone else says it is when they turn 16.

Etc. (I don't want to make a giant wall of text with examples )

Brosephus
Brosephus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/26/2016 - 09:09
Karma: 8
You guys are doing some sweet

You guys are doing some sweet stuff.

Are bugfixing mods like YUP and Unofficial Patch+ going to be compatible/necessary with 3.0?

Risewild
Risewild's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2012 - 02:14
Karma: 3203
YUP will be compatible (we

YUP will be compatible (we already have a patch for it), UPP will not be compatible but it should be unnecessary, since we are now fixing FO3 bugs directly in TTW (not only did we already fix bugs that other patches address, TTW will already contain many bug fixes that were never fixed in other bug fixing patches and everything).

RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
Hard to say, I would think

Hard to say, I would think most of them being NV mods won't have an issue per se. Anything that integrated weapons will need some kind of patch for vendor lists and maybe loot lists.

Sethoria123
Sethoria123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 12/15/2014 - 11:24
Karma: 24
hey guys, hope yall well. How

hey guys, hope yall well. How will the installation differ from previous iterations of ttw? O rwill it be pretty simlar with more optional modules?

ElectricaVulpes
ElectricaVulpes's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 06/29/2017 - 12:26
Karma: 18
There will probably be an

There will probably be an installer like PN, and all the optional things will be turned on/off via MCM.

RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
No MCM currently until we can

No MCM currently until we can solve some specific issues with game code.

The process will be very similar.

EnderDragonFire
EnderDragonFire's picture
Trusted Poster
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 02/01/2014 - 10:50
Karma: 380
I think it's great to hear

I think it's great to hear Roy call the wiki false. It really shows how much attention the TTW team actually pays to the little things. Most people just assume (for some reason) that the fan-made Fallout Wiki is infallible. It gets used as a authoritative source far to often on the Nexus, YouTube, everywhere really. 

P.S. Sorry for getting off topic! I am still eagerly awaiting 3.0, and didn't have anything better to say. 

"Who are you, who do not know your history?"

Sethoria123
Sethoria123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 12/15/2014 - 11:24
Karma: 24
THanks for t he reply roy! I

THanks for t he reply roy! I did have the itch to install 2.94 and all the mods, but with all these juicy changes ive had to resist! looking forward to 3.0 as well! <3

Napoles
Napoles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/17/2015 - 03:37
Karma: 15
Can we expect a 3.0 release

Can we expect a 3.0 release in the next few months? At least before 2017 is over?

Ky6000
Ky6000's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/25/2014 - 00:25
Karma: 12
Looks like there is a lot of

Looks like there is a lot of hype. Should I wait for the 3.0 release? I have my previous install for 2.9.4 with so many mods and don't feel like waiting for new updates to mods. Also will that rechargeable plasma defender in the military testing site in NV in the south west be in the new release? I think it was part of AWOP NV but really not sure. Most satisfying thing is playing with that gun, unlimited plasma bolts but still not that OP as it degrades very quick and only does ok damage. 

Really happy this community is still active and not working on FO4 as I think this game is a million times better :). 

tawatabak
tawatabak's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 08/23/2014 - 16:09
Karma: 75
im pretty sure 3.0 will

im pretty sure 3.0 will release in 2018

Deathclaw_Mayor16
Deathclaw_Mayor16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 06/29/2016 - 19:45
Karma: 105
There's no way to know when

There's no way to know when it'll come out since whoever is working on getting the installer up and running is more then likely busy with RL.Honestly though,I'd hazard a guess somewhere near the end of the year.

Sethoria123
Sethoria123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 12/15/2014 - 11:24
Karma: 24
without a point of reference

without a point of reference or estimated time to release, its difficult to say. have to remember this is a labour of love for the creators as opposed to a job, so im guessing RL, and general interest in the project differs day to day. Saying that however, i myself am going to get a 2.94 install running with all the mods in a couple of weeks, as i can see quite a few mods never getting updated to work with 3.0. I'd say play 2.94, and wait for the update on hte main page! im sure the reason for the delay is as mentioned here =]

tawatabak
tawatabak's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 08/23/2014 - 16:09
Karma: 75
need help

-

undead4life
undead4life's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 02/28/2013 - 20:57
Karma: 104
@tawatabak

@tawatabak

What the hell? Get that shit outta here.

Ky6000
Ky6000's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/25/2014 - 00:25
Karma: 12
Yeah it would seem that many

Yeah it would seem that many mods would take a very long time to get updated, if they ever do, like the story mod where you can't progress in vault 112 unless you have the platinum chip. Time to play fallout! (also if anyone has that mod at a working stage for 2.9.4 I would be very happy) and another thanks for the developers of ttw for making my playstyle possible! 

Napoles
Napoles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/17/2015 - 03:37
Karma: 15
Sethoria123 wrote:

Sethoria123 wrote:

 

without a point of reference or estimated time to release, its difficult to say. have to remember this is a labour of love for the creators as opposed to a job, so im guessing RL, and general interest in the project differs day to day. Saying that however, i myself am going to get a 2.94 install running with all the mods in a couple of weeks, as i can see quite a few mods never getting updated to work with 3.0. I'd say play 2.94, and wait for the update on hte main page! im sure the reason for the delay is as mentioned here =]

Yeah I actually ended up installing 2.94 Sunday, damn I missed playing proper Fallout. F4 just doesn't scratch the same itch, y'know?

Postal-Dude
Postal-Dude's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 05/21/2015 - 08:13
Karma: 138
"Fixed Butch being teleported

Regarding the new patch logs: "Fixed Butch being teleported to the Muddy Rudder when the player sided with the Overseer and closed Vault 101 forever during Trouble On The Home Front"

Does this mean that you can't have him as companion anymore when you sided with the Overseer? But siding with Amata does make him available? Why is it considered a bug anyway that he is available when siding with the Overseer? Maybe it was wanted from Bethesda so people can still have him as companion?

RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
In vanilla while it still

In vanilla while it still teleported him to the muddy rudder, it did not start his quest for that outcome and also for one other. So he was not hireable anyways. To me it didn't make sense to teleport him there and not be able to speak to him.

Amata doesn't close the vault forever, the Overseer does.

Cactus Coyote
Cactus Coyote's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/06/2017 - 16:59
Karma: 5
quick question, should i

quick question, should i bother with enbs, i mean will an enb that looks good in Vegas look good in 3 or visa-versa, or will one make the other look like crap

Modding, modding never changes. Games do, through the people that play them

Cactus Coyote
Cactus Coyote's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/06/2017 - 16:59
Karma: 5
and will Project Brazil,

and will Project Brazil, sorry New California work because if i remember that starts like a beginning quest then new Vegas plays so will that be compatible 

Modding, modding never changes. Games do, through the people that play them

jlf65
jlf65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2016 - 14:10
Karma: 710
You should use ENB if only

You should use ENB if only for the better video memory handling. Particularly if you use any enhanced textures.

 

RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
I don't recommend ENB

I don't recommend ENB personally, it breaks as much as it fixes.

There will be a patch for New California (formerly Project Brazil).

Napoles
Napoles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/17/2015 - 03:37
Karma: 15
RoyBatty wrote:

RoyBatty wrote:

 

I don't recommend ENB personally, it breaks as much as it fixes.

There will be a patch for New California (formerly Project Brazil).

Not even ENBoost?

jlf65
jlf65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2016 - 14:10
Karma: 710
RoyBatty wrote:I don't

RoyBatty wrote:

I don't recommend ENB personally, it breaks as much as it fixes.

There will be a patch for New California (formerly Project Brazil).

You can enable or disable everything in it. I don't tend to use the "fixes" in it either. I use it for JUST the video memory handling, and if you use texture enhancers, it's REALLY needed to get better play times. If you don't use textures enhancers much (or at all), then you probably don't need it. So it all depends on how many/how big the textures you use are compared to how much vram your video card has. If your card has 8GB, then you probably don't need ENB unless you use the ULTRA hi-def textures for everything. If your card has 2GB, then you probably need it unless you're using vanilla textures. If you're using an AMD APU, it uses unified memory and you should use ENB no matter what textures you use.

darthbdaman
darthbdaman's picture
Team Member
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 09/19/2012 - 16:04
Karma: 306
No you can't. Unlike Skyrim,
No you can't. Unlike Skyrim, enb for NV (and yes even just ENBOOST) always edits the rendering in the game. It breaks a bunch of stuff (go look at a tree with it installed). You cannot turn that stuff off in NV. It is not the same as Skyrim. Do not use ENB or ENBOOST!
jlf65
jlf65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2016 - 14:10
Karma: 710
darthbdaman wrote:No you can

darthbdaman wrote:

No you can't. Unlike Skyrim, enb for NV (and yes even just ENBOOST) always edits the rendering in the game. It breaks a bunch of stuff (go look at a tree with it installed). You cannot turn that stuff off in NV. It is not the same as Skyrim. Do not use ENB or ENBOOST!

Don't know what you're smoking, man, but I don't want any of it.

In ENB for FONV/FO3, the main switch for graphics processing is in enbseries.ini, not enblocal.ini. Just make sure it's set to false...

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=false
 

and NO graphical processing occurs whatsoever. And all the switches in enblocal.ini work just fine for me!

darthbdaman
darthbdaman's picture
Team Member
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 09/19/2012 - 16:04
Karma: 306
No you are wrong. Graphical
No you are wrong. Graphical processing does still happen. Go look at a tree. Stop spreading falsehoods. The switch that actually disables Enb in Skyrim is in the enblocal.ini file. It is UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics and it does not exist in New Vegas. Useeffect doesn't do the same thing
RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
That is correct, ENB always

That is correct, ENB always enables the deferred rendering no matter what. It doesn't work with 3.0 shaders, it breaks MSAA and AF, and it breaks all the in game image space modifiers and effects. It's known and no, you cannot disable it, and Boris won't fix it.

WINE may have some hack in it to work around that issue, but Windows does not.

TAWM
TAWM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 05/23/2016 - 19:42
Karma: 79
I was just curious besides

I was just curious besides lootable graves and consumable plant life still being added to DC are you all going to add the highway patrol cars to New Germantown Police headquarters and the firetrucks from New Vegas as well into the Capital Wasteland?  I know that idea was kicked around on here https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/small-cross-wasteland-mods

Just curious if that is something that is no longer going to happen or is just something that is just on the back burner for the foreseeable future.  

 

 

RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
Nah I don't think we're going

Nah I don't think we're going to add that stuff.

Risewild
Risewild's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2012 - 02:14
Karma: 3203
I only made the police cars

I only made the police cars and firetrucks because I was bored and felt like modding a bit. Since I like messing around with textures I decided to try and make DC versions of the firetruck and police cars.

It's a tiny mod, it was never made with the intention of being added to TTW .

I did start working on expanding that mod several months ago though, but I haven't really done much work on it yet (only a couple of additions) .

jlf65
jlf65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2016 - 14:10
Karma: 710
darthbdaman wrote:No you are

darthbdaman wrote:

No you are wrong. Graphical processing does still happen. Go look at a tree. Stop spreading falsehoods.

The switch that actually disables Enb in Skyrim is in the enblocal.ini file. It is UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics and it does not exist in New Vegas. Useeffect doesn't do the same thing

I don't believe I am spreading any false information. I went and looked at a tree as you suggested. Here's a couple screenshots.

https://imgur.com/a/Oiri6

Now, which one is ENB with the UseEffects set to false, and which one has ENB completely uninstalled without a single file in the game directory? The only difference I see is the grass and clouds are different, but they're procedurally regenerated every time you load the game. Explain what difference I'm supposed to see. I'm not trying to create a fight, I'd really like to know as I don't like spreading false info. I'll admit you're right, but only if you ARE right, and at the moment, I don't see what you're trying to get at. If the display looks the same and the speed is the same, it seems to me like there is no processing occurring.

 

Mystical Panda
Mystical Panda's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 03/30/2016 - 07:02
Karma: 535
I think all using boosting

I think all using boosting memory with ENB (UseEffects = false) does is disable hardware level antialiasing; it only allows software level deferred. I haven't checked, but maybe the V has since changed it so it no longer disables it if effects aren't being used.

jlf65
jlf65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2016 - 14:10
Karma: 710
Mystical Panda wrote:I think

Mystical Panda wrote:

I think all using boosting memory with ENB (UseEffects = false) does is disable hardware level antialiasing; it only allows software level deferred. I haven't checked, but maybe the V has since changed it so it no longer disables it if effects aren't being used.

Yes, there are some graphic settings that can be set by ENB separate from the graphics processing, like AA. This can either be set the same as the game or overridden by the AMD/Nvidia control panel settings. In any case, it's not separate extra graphical processing and has no effect on the speed compared to the same setting inside the game options. If ENB sets FXAA to 15, it's exactly the same as setting FXAA to 15 with the game options.

 

RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
Obviously MSAA (NOT FXAA

Obviously MSAA (NOT FXAA which is vastly inferior particularly with transparency) and AF don't work on your setup at all then, which is why you cannot see the difference.

Here's a screenshot for you to compare image quality, notice distant objects as well. What I can't show in a still image is the absence of pixel crawling.

https://i.imgur.com/zCQep23.jpg

So yes, you are unknowingly spreading false information.

jlf65
jlf65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2016 - 14:10
Karma: 710
I turn off all AA of any kind

I turn off all AA of any kind - it gives you up to 50% faster frame rates on the 1050Ti. So whether or not ENB makes a difference depends on AA? Well, that should be part of stating whether or not to use it. So my info IS correct, but only under certain conditions, and HIS info is correct under different conditions.

darthbdaman
darthbdaman's picture
Team Member
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 09/19/2012 - 16:04
Karma: 306
You should never use it still

You should never use it still really. AA and AF are only the most visible part of it. You will see little rendering bugs and stuff.

I repeat, No one should ever use ENB for New Vegas.

You can use it, whatever, but I will always recommend to everyone they stay as far away from that garbage fire as possible

Mystical Panda
Mystical Panda's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 03/30/2016 - 07:02
Karma: 535
darthbdaman wrote:

darthbdaman wrote:

 

You should never use it still really. AA and AF are only the most visible part of it. You will see little rendering bugs and stuff.

I repeat, No one should ever use ENB for New Vegas.

You can use it, whatever, but I will always recommend to everyone they stay as far away from that garbage fire as possible

What kind of anomalies is it causing rendering wise? I've used it as a 'boost' and only noticed crawlies; a bit more detailed information would be very helpful, not just for me, but others who might be reading this. In order work bring up or work around problems, we need to know the specifics of things- what problems? depth buffer? inhibits cell draws? things like that- other than, it doesn't work for me, so **** it, and everyone who uses it. <--- light hearted humor.

If I may toss this in, it might be wise to put somewhere in a sticky (if it's not already there), "Though many people use ENB for various reasons, we however do not support it." ("nor EVER will", if you want be more 'forceful'). That might be a bit more professional in the long run, rather than, someone says, hey I use this, and right after that, someone else says, I don't. Fractures things more since it seems more like personal opinion (even if based around facts- what facts lead to that conclusion should be shared).

RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
I've already mentioned what

I've already mentioned what it breaks, it breaks any and all image space modifiers. It has issues with transparency. It breaks water displacement so it cannot be used. It cannot be used with shader model 3 shaders.

It's *your* choice to use, but to constantly disregard the fact that it is *not* compatible by half with the vanilla game is both annoying and bullheaded. To recommend it's use knowing these things and denying them is plain stupid.

We don't just dislike or tell people not to use things because we personally don't like them, we do so because they have known incompatibilities and break the game. You're not the ones who provide support year in and year out for the project, we are, and we get awfully tired of explaining these same things over and over again to people who have issues.

Mystical Panda
Mystical Panda's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 03/30/2016 - 07:02
Karma: 535
RoyBatty wrote:

RoyBatty wrote:



I've already mentioned what it breaks, it breaks any and all image space modifiers. It has issues with transparency. It breaks water displacement so it cannot be used. It cannot be used with shader model 3 shaders.



Do you know why it breaks these things? Or is it just "it happens period?". That's the question I'm asking. Some of us like to get technical. Is it because Joe "x" say it does, and that's that across the board? I'm guessing it's "they have more experience than you. so, uh, buh bye noobie." kinda thing? We ALL know this happens from time to time. Now I'm not trying to debate peoples ideas or attitudes, just trying to help out when and where I can by asking questions and offering suggestions.

In chat you said it disables MSAA (hardware AA) and uses deferred (software AA, which is less efficient). You didn't like the crawlies, and I was wondering if the refresh was high enough, if there would be a problem- to that you replied "dunno". Nothing else was mentioned between me and you regarding this problem. I researched that, and that's also what I mentioned here.

Even though I have 3.0 model shaders and use the boost part I didn't notice the problems that's been referred to (brigher nights, interiors, etc.,.). Now this might be due to using the Reshade, I'm not sure. Might require further testing.

RoyBatty wrote:


It's *your* choice to use, but to constantly disregard the fact that it is *not* compatible by half with the vanilla game is both annoying and bullheaded. To recommend it's use knowing these things and denying them is plain stupid.



As you say, it's my choice. If it works for me or others, I'm not sure why that's a problem for you or anyone else, other than having a simple difference of opinion since the problems havn't been a "problem" for me so far. They might be in the later. Just haven't come across, or necessarily noticed them yet. I've never asked you to troubleshoot any boost issues I've had other than posting things I've found that works, and might be of use to others. And as for being bullheaded, I'm NOT sure your actually referring to me here, since I'm fairly open about problems and working through issues with anyone I can. Though I can see with some people here, that's not going to be possible. Not compatible with "half the vanilla game"? is that because of image space modifiers being in pretty much all the game? What others problems does it cause to get to this number? If you or anyone else doesn't want to answer,that's fine, BUT that's doesn't make me BULLHEADED.

RoyBatty wrote:


We don't just dislike or tell people not to use things because we personally don't like them, we do so because they have known incompatibilities and break the game. You're not the ones who provide support year in and year out for the project, we are, and we get awfully tired of explaining these same things over and over again to people who have issues.



As I said, a sticky that says you don't nor ever will support it covers any and all support, and has no relevance in my personal opinion. It seems to work for me, and I've yet to encounter a 'break' because of it. Maybe in time, I'll notice those things when I have time to research it more, and might even come to the same conclusion everyone else has, but, I do have the right to find out for myself? Now about purposely sharing mis-information? I've seen cases here and everywhere else where someone thought they understood something -gave an option- -sharing it often-, was told differently, then when they researched it themselves, they either accepted or reproved. Shouldn't everyone have that same opportunity? If you mean by "supporting" you don't want to discuss it period, that's cool. Is it a problem if others do? As I was saying earlier, with more information, forums members have the ability to help and troubleshoot things better, not just for others, but for themselves also. Speaking of support, I thought that's what everyone on the forums was trying to do? Me and you have two VERY different styles when dealing with people and issues. I'm hoping we can find a middle ground somewhere and work together on things.
Risewild
Risewild's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2012 - 02:14
Karma: 3203
The way I see it. It is not

The way I see it. It is not the TTW team job to explain why ENB does what it does. In my opinion if anyone is curious they should ask that in the ENB community.

Several team members said the ENB for Fallout New Vegas doesn't work the same as it does in Skyrim. In FNV it will break a few things that was already said here more than once.

For other knowledge one should ask in the appropriate community.

A TTW Dev Log thread is hardly the place to have these discussions, let's keep this thread being about the work done on the latest TTW version before it is released. Please? *puppy eyes*

Mystical Panda
Mystical Panda's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 03/30/2016 - 07:02
Karma: 535
Risewild wrote:

Risewild wrote:

 

The way I see it. It is not the TTW team job to explain why ENB does what it does. In my opinion if anyone is curious they should ask that in the ENB community.

Several team members said the ENB for Fallout New Vegas doesn't work the same as it does in Skyrim. In FNV it will break a few things that was already said here more than once.

For other knowledge one should ask in the appropriate community.

A TTW Dev Log thread is hardly the place to have these discussions, let's keep this thread being about the work done on the latest TTW version before it is released. Please? *puppy eyes*

Noted. And I agree any discussion outside the original topic is off track. Sorry for the sidetrack- wasn't intended. I don't think I'll have any questions since they're related across the map of games, and not necessarily just TTW related.

jlf65
jlf65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2016 - 14:10
Karma: 710
{quote]I've already mentioned

Quote:

I've already mentioned what it breaks, it breaks any and all image space modifiers. It has issues with transparency. It breaks water displacement so it cannot be used. It cannot be used with shader model 3 shaders.

I've seen the issues with transparency... there's a set of replacement textures on FO3 Nexus that deals with that. I've seen the issue with water displacement... and it's not an issue as I'm concerned. Most people would never even notice. Shader model 3 makes no noticeable difference at all on my video card, so that's not an issue, either. Can you give an example of a "broken" image space modifier? I don't think I can recall one. But yes, pointing this out, my statement that ENB can be completely turned off for video processing was completely wrong. Sorry. That was misinformation.

I think the problems are worth the primary advantage: it frees up space from textures for other game resources. You don't have to choose between crappy textures, buying a $300 to $500 video card, or foregoing half the mods you would normally use. You can keep the textures, buy a $100 video card (or use an AMD APU, and probably other built-in GPUs that rely on shared memory), and still use 130-ish mods (TTW limit, more in FO3).

RoyBatty
RoyBatty's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2014 - 03:26
Karma: 5441
Donor
This is the last time I'm

This is the last time I'm going to reply about this. Any further comments from both of you will just be deleted, this thread is not for this discussion.

jlf65: You don't represent everyone, just because *you* don't have a problem with something that doesn't work doesn't mean *everyone* is fine with it. You won't even acknowledge it doesn't work, I'm done talking to you.

Panda: You're smart enough, you can figure out and google a bit the difference between direct frame buffering and deferred and what works with which and which does not. I'm not going to explain that to you, mostly because I'm not a directx programmer and couldn't, but I've done enough research to know the why of it.

People don't read, they don't read stickies, they don't read the front page, they don't read mod descriptions and they don't read readme's. Posting it is next to useless because most users think their problems are unique, do no research, and want personal attention.

Now enough of this in our dev log thread.

Pages