10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Risewild
Risewild's picture
Moderator
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2012 - 02:14
Karma: 2969
Is this really in game?

I saw some pictures of a Painting apparently in Fallout 4 that depicts a Napoleon-like character with the face of Todd Howard.

Is this really ingame?

TTW Version Compatibility: 

v2.9

Rating: 

0
Your rating: None
0
No votes yet
Lyndi
Lyndi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/07/2015 - 13:32
Karma: 236
That portrait is in several

That portrait is in several places actually. I know it's in the Museum of Freedom hanging on a wall and a couple other places.

bill
bill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 02/19/2015 - 00:32
Karma: 69
Donor
I have seen this picture many

I have seen this picture many times in the game. It does look like Todd. Can someone explain peoples fascination with Todd Howard? This is a weird joke to include in the game in tons of pictures all over the place.

That's not my real name...

zilav
zilav's picture
Trusted Poster
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 04/09/2013 - 09:03
Karma: 225
bill wrote:

bill wrote:

 

I have seen this picture many times in the game. It does look like Todd. Can someone explain peoples fascination with Todd Howard? This is a weird joke to include in the game in tons of pictures all over the place.

Because "It just works!"

Risewild
Risewild's picture
Moderator
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2012 - 02:14
Karma: 2969
bill wrote:

bill wrote:

 

I have seen this picture many times in the game. It does look like Todd. Can someone explain peoples fascination with Todd Howard? This is a weird joke to include in the game in tons of pictures all over the place.

Not only Todd Howard's easteregg was included in the game, Emil Pagliarulo is there too, he not only voices Parker Quinn (the scammer) but the character was also made at his image:

Parker Quinn:

Emil Pagliarulo:

TJ
TJ's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/17/2012 - 06:06
Karma: 2842
Donor
I wonder can Bethesda say

I wonder can Bethesda say "ego".

"In the world of entertainment, there are very few things as good..... as Fallout."

"... That's why we're going out of our way to make our game less Fallout."

cosmicdataworld
cosmicdataworld's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 01/27/2014 - 04:47
Karma: 95
TJ wrote:

TJ wrote:

 

I wonder can Bethesda say "ego".

They can, they just spell it T-o-d-d.

Sam: "The Prison Showers, Gee if these walls could talk!"
Max: "I think it's best if they keep their mouth's shut"

chucksteel
chucksteel's picture
Team Member
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 08/15/2012 - 08:20
Karma: 1841
Come on guys!

Come on guys!

I don't think Tod said to one of the art guys "Make my Portrait in game"! It was likely a joke by the art department, an Easter Egg if you want to call it that! 

I know in my mod I make ref's to my real life my world. Apt's I've lived in or that I've wanted to live in. Friends RW jokes. It's kind of what makes things fun while developing your project. 

The only real difference between FO4 and TTWInt, DCInt and NVInt is you guys have no real clue about my real life and don't get my jokes. 

TJ
TJ's picture
Administrator
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/17/2012 - 06:06
Karma: 2842
Donor
chucksteel wrote:

chucksteel wrote:

Come on guys!

I don't think Tod said to one of the art guys "Make my Portrait in game"! It was likely a joke by the art department, an Easter Egg if you want to call it that! 

I know in my mod I make ref's to my real life my world. Apt's I've lived in or that I've wanted to live in. Friends RW jokes. It's kind of what makes things fun while developing your project. 

The only real difference between FO4 and TTWInt, DCInt and NVInt is you guys have no real clue about my real life and don't get my jokes. 

Drunken Gnomes? Got the reference thankyouverymuch :P

Also if you wanna get technical the only difference between FO4 and your interiors mods is you build new areas for these games in places where bethesda couldn't be bothered to. Oh, and FO4 still sucks last I checked, your mods usually don't.

"In the world of entertainment, there are very few things as good..... as Fallout."

"... That's why we're going out of our way to make our game less Fallout."

chucksteel
chucksteel's picture
Team Member
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 08/15/2012 - 08:20
Karma: 1841
I just find it funny that no

I just find it funny that no one takes the time to point out all the nods to Brian Fargo in Fallout 1/2 ore Wasteland 2. Theres obviously "Fargo Traders" in FO1/2 and in Wasteland two there is a NPC Named "Faren Brigo" or Brigo Something! But we like those games. 

So Does he have an Ego too? 

Not everyone thinks FO4 sucks.

Q: Is it the best Fallout Game?

A: No!

Q: Is it the Fallout game we all wanted?

A: No! Not by a long shot! 

Q: Is it the worst Fallout Game ever?

A: No! That honor goes to the PS2 title "Brotherhood of Steel" 

Not everyone hates Fallout 4, it does have it's issues I will not argue about that but it does have some things that are a lot of fun. Trust me I wouldn't bother modding it if I thought it sucked! I didn't like Skyrim for many reasons and didn't bother modding it just because it was "shiny and new!"