I very much enjoyed many kryptopyr overhaul mods for Skyrim, and was inspired by Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul to make something similar for Fallout. This is very much a WIP beta, but I thought I'd release it here to get feedback. Below is a general overview of most of the high level changes.
Survival & Hardcore Needs
Consumables Rebalance: Using JSawyer as a base, many food and chems have been adjusted.
- Soda and Alcohol now restore H2O instead of draining it. H2O: 50, Soda+Beer: 20, Spirits: 10
- Eating raw food will now give you debuffs regardless of Hardcore unless you have a Food Sanitizer of the Lead Belly perk.
- All chems have been given weight. Additionally, empty containers have been adjusted to reflect the fact than an empty bottle weighs less than a full.
Container Return: Now all appropriate consumables will have the following chances of returning the container/bottle. Additionally appropriate recipes now either require or give proper containers.
- Lunchbox: 100%
- Container: 95%
- Tin Can: 90%
- Jet: 50% + Medicine/2
- Syringe: 30% + Medicine/2
- Ice Cold versions of all beer & soda have been added, along with a new system to create them. and now restore SLP.
- Remove Food Healing (optional): Healing from food may be toggled off. By default, food will no longer heal.
- New Food & Chems: Apple Pie, Rum, Brahmin Milk, Radscorpion Egg, Fury, Jet Fuel, Overdrive
- Water Bottling: You may now use empty Nuka-Cola bottles to bottle water from any source when sneaking.
- Need thresholds have been moved back to JSawyer levels to give a larger buffer.
- Water Overhaul: Expands from 3 to 5 water levels. Changes some water sources to be more punishing when combined with diseases.
- Fatigue System (optional): Be sure to drink up! Needs beyond the first threshold now reduce max AP. The NCR needs YOU strong. Do Not Eat Irradiated Food! Radiation past the first threshold similarly reduces max HP.
- Carry Weight affects needs (optional): Excessive carry weight now increases your needs, increasing as you approach 100%.
- TODO: Add Brahmin milking, new harvestables along with new recipes, replace all misc eggs with consumables
Crafting Diversity (Toggleable): Tired of doing SCIENCE at a measly campfire? Well our chemistry sets may be for you! Recipes requiring Science and some Medicine have been moved to these new stations.
- Option 1 Vanilla: Campfire/Ovens/Hotplate function identically
- Option 2 Chemistry Sets: Appropriate recipes have been moved from Campfires to newly functioning chemistry sets. All exisiting chemisty sets and My First Laboratory will transition to their new crafting function.
- Option 3 Full (WIP): In addition to the Chemistry Set System, Campfires, Ovens, Hotplates have had their recipe lists diversified. For example pies will only be craftable in Ovens while survival armor will only be craftable at campfires. There are additional other small changes, such as requiring a wrench to be able to drink from functioning fire hydratns.
- New Recipes for existing consumables: Dixon's Jet, Dixon's Whiskey, Imitation Strange Meat Pie, Mentats, Rum & Nuka
- Oven Crafting: Have you found yourself deep downtown, with no campfires in sight? You can now brush off those old ovens with the proper parts and a little fuel!
- Ice Cold Drinks: Is the wasteland too hot for you! Chill some drinks and cool off with a pristine Nuka Vending Machine near you!
- Coffee Brewer: Find some coffee grounds? Just add purified water to start brewing some joe!
- Grills and BBQ: All Grills and BBQ now function as campfires. This will extend, and be compatible with TTW 3.0 as well as TTW Interiors
Diseases & Poisons
New Disease System (optional): A new disease system has been implemented. The idea of diseases is it punishes you for doing things you shouldn't, e.g. sleeping on dirty beds, drinking bad water, letting creatures bite or claw you, etc, adding an extra challenge to the wasteland. It is not intended to cause frustrating random diseases that you don't know how you contracted. Play smart and you'll be disease free.
Beauveria Mordicana (TODO)
- Source: Spore Carrier Attack
- Treatment: ???
- Botulism (TODO)
- Source: 10% toilet water, raw shellfish, brackish marine water (attach to chitin)
- Treatment: antibiotics, zinc, rehydration therapy
- Source: 10% dirty water
- Treatment: Wait it out
- Source: 10% dirty water
- Treatment: Antibiotics
- Source: 10% raw food
- Treatment: antiparasitics, cigarettes, flamer fuel
- Source: Hookers
- Source: 5% on hit with melee weapon, X% chance from certain creatures
- Treatment: antibioitics
- Source:(Bed) 5% + (MaxHP-HP)/MaxHP*.2 --> 5% at full HP, 25% at 0 HP
- Source: Animal) 5% per attack
- Treatment: antibioitics
- Unique Infection from Deathclaws (replacing cut poison)
- Beauveria Mordicana (TODO)
- Disease Cures: In general, there should be both a survival and medicine remedy for most diseases. Currently there are Cigarettes, Flamer Fuel Consumable, Antibiotics, Antiparasitics
- Restored Poisons: Green Gecko's and Tunnelers have had their poisons restored (Previously they used radscorpion poison). They are still cured by the same antidotes as in vanilla.
- Poison Antidote System (optional): New antidotes not only cure poisons, they also prevent new poisons from taking effect. This antidote system uses the restored Green Gecko and Tunneler's poisons. Additionally if you have antidotes to the component venoms, you will be immune to poisons as well!
TODO: Add optional incubation to all diseases, and add localized infection, which blocks syringe based chems, lunch incubator
Let me know what you like, don't like and think should be optional, any suggestions for scripting implementations, or any ideas of your own such as new diseases, poisons, or general balance comments.