CURRENT BUILD: 0218 [FNV/TTW]
As many of you know, I've been working on an unofficial update to CotW-NV with bells, whistles, and maybe a few rhinestones. The general idea is to completely rework the way LCWE functions and integrate it into CotW so that you only ever need to install one mod with one ESM for all your child-gameplay needs.
This sparkly new CotW should be backward-compatible with mods that depend on the original 1.0 version.
Please feel free to try it with existing CotW-related mods and report any incompatibilities that you encounter.
One of the major goals of this update is modularity. That means you only download and install the parts that you want instead of 1.5GB of crap you'll never use.
- NVSE 5.0 beta 2 - 5.0 beta 3 is fine, too.
- FOMM or NXMM - This is a beta release, so it's advisable to cleanup the files it installs before updating to a future version.
- The Mod Configuration Menu - Required for some features, including acquiring the CUTE Shop clothes.
 Beta 2:
[UPDATED] Beta 2 build 0218 [FNV/TTW] (43MB)
Armor Package (128MB) - Armor meshes required for the swap system.
Races Package (133MB) - Adds the ghoul, raider, and "redhead" races.
Eyes Package (874KB) - Adds the extra eye colors, cat eyes, etc.
Hair Package (203MB) - Adds the hairstyles, ~80 female and ~10 male.
Clothes Package (275MB) - Adds the armor and clothing from the CUTE Shop. Currently available via MCM.
- This mod should not be used with Ling's, Mikoto's, or other "beauty" mods that alter the vanilla child races. Load them before the CotW ESM or not at all.
- This mod cannot be used with LCWE. The goal is to make LCWE completely redundant.
BUILD NOTES :
- [TTW] The CG00 quest (the birth scene) now takes place in a duplicate cell separate from the rest of Vault 101 to fix reference loading issues.
- [TTW] A lot of dialogue is changed if you are playing as a child. (You should never, ever hear the word "mungo" again.)
- [TTW] The ESM has now been touched by RoyBatty Witchcraft.
- [TTW] CotW no longer overrides the TTW startup quest.
- Initialization is now done when the main menu loads instead of when a game is loaded or started.
- Voice files are now in a BSA archive. I love those things.
- The Ballcap with Glasses now has a child mesh.
-  Stupidly-made armor mods no longer use an incorrect child mesh on some armors.
-  The player's age status and voice are now updated when loading a saved game.
-  NVSE 5.0 beta 3 is finally supported.
-  The swap system now actually detects loose mesh files.
-  Fixed a potential crash when a script in another mod calls the GetAgeClass function.
-  The Bald Head hairstyle should no longer cause crashes.
- [TTW] A re-customization mirror can now be found in the Vault 101 cafeteria during CG02.
- [TTW] CG03 and CG04 overrides have been removed.
- [TTW] Vault 101 kids not use the correct armor models when playing as a child.
- [TTW] CG03 and CG04 now play the correct Bink videos when playing as a child.
- [TTW] TTWTransitScript01 now always plays the 2 Weeks Later video when playing as a child.
- [TTW] Something has been added to the Mothership Zeta Cryo Lab.
-  The "Killable Kids" MCM option should now function as expected.
-  The Raider extra races no longer use a non-existent body mesh.
-  The Raider races can now use vanilla child hairstyles, because the extra ones suck.
-  Eyelashes no longer float unattached to the face.
-  A re-customization mirror can now be found in Doc Mitchell's house during VCG01.
-  The Child at Heart perk is no longer a trait and is given to child players.
-  Events are no longer exhaustively logged unless a file named "cotw_debug" is present in the Data directory.
- Items that use texture sets may have them not or partially applied on the child versions. Please report such items so that the meshes can be fixed.
- When loading a saved game as a child player, you will lose your clothes for a second before they are automatically re-equipped.
- If an adult and a child actor load at the same time with the same equipment, the adult actor will use child models. I'm not fixing this.
- The re-customization mirrors may not scale the player properly when selecting hairstyles due to a timing issue.
- Completely uninstall CotW-FNV 1.0 before installing and testing this alpha. Those hair meshes must be deleted from your loose files.
- For the love of god, uninstall NVR3 before testing this. NVR3 is compatible with nothing.
- DO NOT extract this mod's BSA archives into loose files. MO is stupid and wrong about this.
- Where should this go in my load order?
- I don't care, and neither does the mod. If you want to use child hairstyles supplied by another mod, load that mod after this one.
- How do I install the optional packages?
- Just put the BSA in the Data folder. The initialization process does the rest.
- Can I use this with custom child races?
- Yes. Add the race to the CWracesCH form list in a patch ESP.
- Where is the CUTE shop located? How do I enable it?
- Unlike in LCWE, the shop has been deleted. If you install the 'Clothes' optional package, you can summon a delivery service using the MCM menu.
- TTW is known to have problems with custom races. How do I avoid them?
- Those problems do not apply to this mod. You can use it from the start of a new game all the way to the end.
- What about Tranquility Lane?
- You should have no problems with Tranquility Lane
- Will I get stuck in the Operation: Anchorage simulator?
- That should no longer be an issue.
- What about Project Purity?
- There should be a box to stand on in front of the console if you're playing as a child.
- Do I need to worry about Broken Steel crashing?
- No, you should be able to get through the ending slides just fine as one of the included races.
- How does all of this work?
- How do I report a bug?
- Post about it here. For best results, include a copy of cotw_nvse.log (in the same directory as FalloutNV.exe) via Pastebin or in a spoiler tag.
Questions, comments, and bug reports are welcome as always.