The Team has Completely rebuilt TTW from the ground up. We have an all new one step installer and the download has been greatly reduced in size.
By downloading and running this installer you agree that you understand the following:
- This is an ALPHA, we have done out best to fix most major bugs before opening it to the public, but there will still be bugs, and some may be game breaking.
- EVERYTHING is subject to change. This may on occasion require you to start a whole new game. We will do our best to keep forced restarts to a minimum, but it may happen.
- Use of mods, especially in large numbers, can lead to unforeseen problems. We suggest you keep your load order short until we declare the alpha phase over. During beta phase, we will start focusing on mod compatibility and troubleshooting. If you choose to run TTW with large amounts of mods, be warned that the development team will probably not have the time to help you resolve your issues.
This version requires all Fallout 3 downloadable content and all Fallout New Vegas downloadable content: The Pitt, Operation Anchorage, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta, Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Gun Runners Arsenal. The easiest way to acquire all DLC content is to purchase Fallout 3 Game Of The Year Edition and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.
Courier's Stash (Courier's stash includes all pre-order packs: Caravan Pack, Classic Pack, Mercenary Pack, Tribal Pack) is now optional.
TTW no longer alters any of Fallout New Vegas's original .esm's or, BSA's so at any point you can turn off TTW just like any other mod and, go back to vanilla FNV. From a modder's perspective this is a good thing because you can use the GECK to mod vanilla FNV as you could before you installed TTW.
Legal, English versions of all Fallout 3 patched to 1.7 with all DLC content (or Fallout 3 Game Of The Year Edition) installed on your computer
Legal, English versions of Fallout New Vegas patched to 1.4 with all DLC content (or Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition) installed on your computer
You must NOT be using Mission Mojave Ultimate Edition(MMUE) or New Vegas Error Corrections(NVEC). At the moment they are completely incompatible with TTW.
- The installer requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable SP1 (make sure you have both the x32 and x64 bit versions if your operating system is a x64 bit one).
Latest version of .NET Framework (4.5 for Windows 7 and up, 4.0 for Windows XP and up)
To find out which version of Windows you are using, open the Start menu, right-click on "Computer" and select "Properties". In the center, look for "System Type".
If you still get an error while running the installer, you may want to read this thread.
- Launch the installer .exe file by right-clicking on it and choosing "Run as Administrator". (You don't have to run it as admin, but you may need to depending on what directories you select in step 2).
- When the installer loads, make sure it has found the correct location of both your Fallout 3 and, Fallout New Vegas Installs. If not use the browse button to navigate to the correct game directories.
- In the install location field, use the browse button to navigate to your preferred TTW installation directory. We suggest you install directly to your Fallout New Vegas folder, if you choose to install to a separate folder, make sure to copy its contents into the Fallout New Vegas folder or zip the files up for use with a mod manager.
- Click Install.
Note: You will see a blank command prompt window pop up on occasion, this is normal and will happen several times as the patcher extracts all the needed files from your Fallout 3 directory and repacks the needed files into your Fallout New Vegas directory.
The first time you run the patcher this will take some time, be patient and, let it run its course. It may appear as though the patcher freezes up from time to time, but please be patient.
4. Open NMM or FOMM and correct your load order:
The Courier's Stash packs are optional.
5. Choose which optional files you would like to use:
- TTW_Bobbleheads.esp - Rather than giving you SPECIAL or skill boosts, bobbleheads now give you an appropriate perk i.e. The Repair bobblehead now makes your weapons need repairing less often. Here is a list of each change that this mod makes.
- TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp - Followers in DC no longer have Karma requirements, it was made for testing purposes mostly.
- TTW_MoreCookingItems.esp - Turns the Camp grills and BBQ grills in either wasteland into usable cooking items.
- TTW_StashPackOptions.esp - REQUIRES all 4 courier's stash packs. Enable this to restore the Stash Pack menu after chargen.
TTW_XPReduction.esp - Gradually decreases XP gained, ultimately doubling total XP required to go from level 1 to 50.
You're done! Start a new game and enjoy A Tale of Two Wastelands. Additionally, you may want to download other TTW-compatible mods that are listed in the TTW Mod Releases Forum.
- Placed repair kits in DC
- Placed NV chmes in DC
- Made diggable graves in DC require a shovel
- Created TTW specific load screens
- Updated main screen to show "Tale of Two Wastelands"
- Updated Deathclaw assets with appropriate NV assets
- Fixed the River City bridge not extending when approaching with dad
- Made Eulogy Jones' door a little easier to click on (only handle was available)
- Made DC fungi harvestable
- Fixed first-person textures on DC weapons
- Fixed iron sights on appropriate DLC weapons
- Created unique reinforced and reinforced mk2 Talon Company armors
- Made DC Super Mutants properly yellow
- Tweaked and updated most leveled lists and merchants (should be done)
- Fixed some errors with companions and weapon confiscation in the fort and on the strip
- Included a new readius compatibility file which SHOULD help fix some of the problems associated with using the readius
- Fixed being unable to buy tickets in the Mojave
- Updated the travel script a bit
- Fixed an installer bug that would occur if the registry points to the wrong location
- Made the installer not feel the need to copy over the DLC .bsa files every time the installer runs
- Fixed missing dialog and made sure robots use the appropriate voices depending on wasteland
- Updated the train station script and created a helper quest that can be used for alternate travel methods (to ensure that cross-wasteland variables, radio stations and the like are properly set)
- Certain Boomers no longer use Three Dogs Sunglasses
- You can now pick the glowing green mushrooms in DC for a new harvestable "Glowing Mushroom"
- Implemented a new poison and food recipe which require "Glowing Mushroom"
- Placed a ticket to New Vegas hidden in Union Station, if you can find it (not hard) your first trip to Vegas is free and comes with a complimentary bullet to the head!
- Fixed raiders using bumper swords (and looking like morons...)
- DC Super Mutants also no longer use bumper swords (Because of the inappropriate license plate)
- Fixed a bug that would occur if your TTW directory is the same as your FNV directory
- Fixed some enclave not using the proper armor leveled list
- Fixed some Broken Steel perks being duplicates of FNV perks
- Enclave no longer has a chance to carry LAERs due to balance issues
- Fixed some problems with Paradise Falls door scripts not working
- Fixed Girdershade crashes
- Fixed Tree LOD in the D.C. wasteland
- Overhauled form lists so that perks and challenges work with cross-wasteland and cross-DLC content. For example, the simulation weapons in Anchorage will now benefit from the grunt perk.
- Added an XP reduction plugin to the download list. It increases XP required to go from 1 to 50 by 100%
- Full system overhaul for more efficiency REQUIRES A NEW GAME
- Better mod compatibility (requires a bit more effort to convert FO3 mods, but they ultimately work better)
- Cleaned up some remaining references to .32 and generic shotgun shells
- Downgraded Combat Shotgun to 20ga, 75 skill
- Fixed Pitt armor being marked as heavy rather than light like all other raider armors
- Fixed ordinance and bombshell armor giving big guns skill
- Made Almost Perfect use 'SetAV' instead of 'ModAV' so that 'GetPermAV' returns the proper value (Almost Perfect will now allow more implants)
- Cleaned up some weapons still using big guns
- Fixed some ingestibles being labeled as big guns
- The New Vegas space suit and helmet may be used in place of the astronaut suit in Mothership Zeta (needs testing)
- Hematophage allows hunger and dehydration restoration from blood packs
- Removed the "Recover" flag on the Rebound effect, should make rebound actually regenerate AP
- Added some new recipes
- Samurai Helmet now gives DT instead of DR
- Mechanist costume is now heavy instead of light
- Pulse weapons now properly effect ALL power armor
- Rock-It-Launcher no longer is labeled as using 5mm ammo and no longer causes Fallout to crash and burn
- Fixed a bug where the tier 3 nuka-grenade recipe was unlocked while having only 2 schematics
- Mothership Zeta now properly unequips ALL weapons, to prevent animation errors when being abducted
- The installer now saves an install log txt file to the TTW install directory for troubleshooting purposes
- Fixed dialog related crash with Eden, Fawkes, Gallows and probably others
- Tesla Cannon now bounces and insta-kills Vertibirds, the bounce may be removed...
- You are fully healed on your first trip to New Vegas
- The Wasteland Survival Guide perk reward now gives a boost to Survival
- Unique weapons and armor can no longer be used to repair their non-unique counterparts
- Lyons' Pride Power Armor acts as a disguise for BoS (both west and east coast)
- The Size Matters perk now gives a 10% boost to accuracy and damage when using heavy weapons
- The Ghoul Ecology perk now properly affects ONLY ghouls
- Sarah Lyons now gives you Lyons' Pride power armor when starting Take It Back!
- Aqua Pura now properly restores dehydration and should scale with survival skill
- The installer now outputs an install log
- The installer no longer requires you to press enter when extracting BSAs
- Installer overhaul, should have better XP compatibility now
- More concise and clear install status message
- Now writes the TTW install log to: Documents/My Games/TaleOfTwoWastelands
- Fixed a navmesh issue outside Rivet City Market
- Fixed some broken ONAMs in .esm files
- Updated master list in optional files
- Fixed Rock-it-Launcher again (though I'm sure it'll just break again...)